Google Apps anyone?

IkY0294

HD Addicted
I personally love using gmail, I find the google apps for businesses very helpful. Anyone here use their email service for your business and hows the outcome?

I never miss any of my emails or have any problems with their service, I just want to recommend them to all the members on HD that are looking for a new , clean & efficient email solution. They also allow first 10 accounts free and its very, I mean very easy to manage your emails with a click of a button :).

Thanks google apps for developing such a great thing.

Google has definitely build a great product. I started with Outlook Express in the 90s, then as my mail started to accumulate faster than I wished, the program became heavy, archiving every week was a pain, conversations were all over the place, the number of folders and sub-folders was multiplying like mushroom and, most importantly, spam was killing the work process.

I was looking for 3rd party filters and used SpamArrest as well as Bluebottle for a while. However, I was missing on a lot of legitimate mail.

For a long while I was in between using my own software (script I'd run on my own server) and using Gmail or another 3rd party client. After finally testing Gmail I switched completely and has never looked back. So far an amazing experience to this day with all the conversations where and how I want them to be. Gmail is not just an email app to me anymore, it is my customer relationship management tool.

A couple other alternatives are Zoho and Microsoft's Office365. Zoho has a free tier - MSFT doesn't.

I think Microsoft had a great moment they missed - they could have skipped the web altogether and built over-the-internet sharing/collaboration directly into their desktop apps. Alas.

I like Gmail - fabulous product. Google Apps are...meh...seems like another "80% done" Google effort. I would love to put my personal spreadsheets on GA, because I wouldn't have to digitally lug them around with Dropbox and could access them without a desktop client. But they've stopped adding features and features that people have begged for are ignored. There must be 100 posts in their support area saying "I need indentation in spreadsheet cells, it's absolutely standard in financial industry sheets" and yet in the 3 years I've been watching and waiting, Google hasn't made this simple change.

Still, overall, not bad.

Google Apps is a MUST for ANY company, no matter how big or small you are!

If you haven't gotten Google Apps yet, you have got to get it. You can get it for FREE at:

http://www.google.com/apps/

We use it everyday and it helps us succeed in our business!

+1 for GoogleApps!

So far it has been a great experience using it. Awesome SPAM protection, great "customizable" interface (who doesn't love Gmail?), huge space, very secure, you can access it from anywhere on pretty much any mobile phone, laptop, tablet, ect.. And so many more amazing features for $5/mo (or FREE!).. What more can you ask for? :D

I use the free version for personal domains and the business version for business, of course. :p You can even manage ALL of your email accounts using ONLY 1 GoogleApps user account. To learn how to accomplish this read this post: http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/148963-post10.html

It's really useful tool for businesses and individuals. Also it has a powerful possibility to connect your current hosting account and email to experience a great performance.

+1 for GoogleApps, I use for business and personal usage.

Possible to backup all contacts, callendar from/to Android/Windows phone

We love using Google Apps. We use it every day in our business. We primarily use Docs / Drive, however it has MANY useful features an is a great tool! You got to get Google Apps today! Please let me know if you have any questions about Google Apps.

Google Apps is awesome. We use it every day. Gmail for business, Docs / Drives and other features have been great to us.

Works well on Android too.

Had Google apps and email for our other company BUT when WHCMS had their hack all our Google accounts got hacked as well...before that no issues at all but that one really caused a ton of problems:(

Since my business is just starting out our executives just use Thunderbird. Hopefully as time goes by we'll switch to Google Apps, they truly are a piece of work :)

I used Google Apps but now they have a limit of free accounts to 10.So had to switch back to cPanel :)

Although outlook.com is a good alternative

Google Apps email solution is a great secure spam-protected tool. I never hesitate to recommend it to our clients looking for email service.

Just an update to this thread regarding Google Apps and in particular Google Apps for Business. The other day, Google removed the ability for people to sign up for Google Apps for Business for free. It is now a premium solution and you will need to pay.

This won't interfere with regular Google Apps, and similarly it won't have any negative effect on people who previously were using Google Apps for Business. The only people this will affect are NEW signups - so if you missed the boat, welllll... you missed the boat.

Read more on this here: http://www.handsonwebhosting.com/2012/12/google-apps-for-business-no-longer-free/

The only people this will affect are NEW signups

I think it is both extremely fair and generous, considering they have millions of business accounts already.

I regret not signing up, but then using them at the time would have been somewhat an overkill for my business needs. Current setup works very well.