Good Hosts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKSpace4U-JH

Right, most forums are full of posts about bad hosts, with unlimited everything.

What good resellers do you know of?

Personally i like www.purple-paw.com they have been great.

I dunno. I like/d E-Starr (www.e-starr.net). A few hours ago though I've discovered EarHost (www.earhost.com/resellers.php). E-Starr is okay. They've been around as long as I have and have a fairly large client base for a host our age.

I'm on their 1G reseller plan:

1 gigabytes of space
30 gigabytes of transfer
Dedicated IP Address
Unlimited Domains
Unlimited Subdomains
Unlimited FTP Accounts
Unlimited POP3 Accounts w/WebMail Access
Unlimited MySQL Databases
Unlimited Email Forwarders
Unlimited Mailing Lists
CGI/PHP/SSI Support
CPanel 4.8 + WHM
Starts with 5 IPs

Monthly Cost: $24.95

Anyway, EarHost. I'm considering their Reseller 3, but will most likely order their Reseller 2: everything above plus an extra gig of space and a free HostCharge account for only $16.00!

They're in DV2 too, all hosts that I've been with are. I require that.

I'll sign up with them as soon as I work something out with E-Starr.

The forum's Co-owner has just moved to EarHost and he seems to think they are pretty cool. I haven't really heard anything bad about them myself, i know they are new but they seem to be doing a good job :)

Hi there Kevin, like jo says, i have just moved to earhost. What great plans they have. They have great support, and James, who owns earhost is a great guy. He certainly knows his stuff. Im on one of 6 servers of theres, and i havent seen any downtime yet. They are a fairly new company, but with the speed, and service they offer, i suspect they wont be small for long.

Definately recommended to anyone out there!

Matt

Hi Kevin, I am with earhoost now too, well whats left of them since they gave their clients to MCHost, they give anonymous nameservers but i believe you can get your own with them.
They have closed signups for a bit but they plan to re-open soon.

You're refering to EARHost, right? Are they gonna remain as a seperate entity or merge with and become MCHost?

at the moment earhost arent taking orders from their main website but james is doing some deals to fill up the space on his remaining server.
Mc host have taklen all the standard reseller accounts while james works on getting new tech staff and hopefully reopens
If you want his icq number, PM me

Well, I give private nameservers AND dedicated IP's (2 of them) with my reseller accounts, and they are all anonymously registered too, anyone who gets a reseller account otherwise is playing dangerously because we all know people dont like resellers for some reason, which brings me to this: why do people not like resellers? its no different than buying from the resellers' company itself!

MOD NOTE: Please include your signature in the special signature area (User's Control Panel -> Edit Options). No manually included signatures are permitted at HostingDiscussuion.com Forum. Thank you.

Well i just discovered this board today but I recommend reseller-center.com . They have very good support and they are very professional too

MOD NOTE: Advertising is allowed only in the marketplace forums. Additional rules apply. Make sure you read the stickies. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Expensive

pyxishost said:
Well i just discovered this board today but I recommend reseller-center.com . They have very good support and they are very professional too

reseller-center.com is good but their packages are expensive.

ANMMARK is right, you pay for what you get, if you want to pay $5/month you will end up with a low end package with issues almost every day.

Expensive host is not equal reliability, maybe a low price host has more quality than an expensive host.

Sina is right. Exceptions are on both sides, both expensive and cheap hosts can be good or bad at what they do. However, I noticed that good hosts that are somewhat expensive tend to have a more stable reputation and performance.

Definitely go for service over pricing/included features. You WILL be left out to dry when the reseller account you got for $10/mo ignores your support tickets for a few days. You cant be stingy when it comes to this sort of thing, otherwise you will lose all of your clients.

I've heard good things about the reseller packages that FastHost offers. They seem to be pretty honest and I spoke to their CEO once on the phone and he seems to be a decent guy.
If I was going to buy myself another reseller package, I would go through them!

Regards,
~Equinox

Equinox said:
I've heard good things about the reseller packages that FastHost offers
From anyone who's actually used them, or just because between them, pipex and 1&1 they pay the most for adverts and therefore get the most write-up space in magazines ?

I know plenty of ex-FH users who swear *at* the service not by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.