Generating Good Reviews

What are you doing to generate new and good reviews for your business?
You personally cannot do much, but run a good business with good services and support. If a clients thanks you for helping them out then ask them to give you a review. If a client submits a cancellation request, dont just accept it and do nother. send them a polite message and ask if its anything you as company have done to make them want to leave, so if the company has then you can fix it, if its cost related, see if you can do anything to reduce their costs if they agree to remain i.e. if they are paying $10 for a plan, if you can reduce this then offer to do this (even by $5) as $5 is better than $0 and could lead to positive review.

if its cost related, see if you can do anything to reduce their costs if they agree to remain i.e. if they are paying $10 for a plan, if you can reduce this then offer to do this (even by $5) as $5 is better than $0

I think this is kind of a dangerous precedent to set for yourself.

We offer heavily reduced or free hosting to charities and NGOs, and if a client has a plan with lots of resources that they are not using then of course we will let them know that they could move to a lower plan and save themselves some money.

But if you are going to offer a discount on an existing plan price to individual clients, then it is only ethical to offer it to all of them in my opinion. Unless your margins are pretty inflated in the first place then this doesn't seem like a great idea.

I think this is kind of a dangerous precedent to set for yourself.

We offer heavily reduced or free hosting to charities and NGOs, and if a client has a plan with lots of resources that they are not using then of course we will let them know that they could move to a lower plan and save themselves some money.

But if you are going to offer a discount on an existing plan price to individual clients, then it is only ethical to offer it to all of them in my opinion. Unless your margins are pretty inflated in the first place then this doesn't seem like a great idea.
You could offer the discount for a set period, but as i stated only offer this is you can afford too offer it, regarding what you say offer it one then offer it all, well what about you offering discount codes, somne people will see these and use them and offer will not use them.
If you have a client (lets say they have been with you 2 years or more) and they send a cancellation request, then it is nice for you to ask them why are they cancelling and if they say the costs are too high, then do you just let them go or do you try and see what you can do to get their costs down and keep them, but they they have only been with you a couple of months then yes, its most likely just easier to let them go.
So each request should be judged on an individual basis, but at the end of the day you really want to keep clients and gain their trust, so they can recommend you to others.

if they are paying $10 for a plan, if you can reduce this then offer to do this (even by $5) as $5 is better than $0
Just wanted to add that it's exceptionally important to know your costs before resorting to giving out discounts. One may think $5 is better than $0, but if you are losing money at anything below $6, then it quickly becomes a terrible idea.

Oh getting good ones is very hard, getting bad ones is easy - Every humans first thought when they are a bit peed off!

Probably the best idea is to regularly get in touch with new clients say 3-6 months of subscription and touch base make sure they are happy, slip it in with a link to a review site.

Keep doing it for new customers after the 3-6 months and overtime you should get some good feedback and reviews.

Just wanted to add that it's exceptionally important to know your costs before resorting to giving out discounts. One may think $5 is better than $0, but if you are losing money at anything below $6, then it quickly becomes a terrible idea.
Yes this is why i stated 'if you can', as with any discounts you need to understand your overheads/costs before offering any discounts/offers, no matter what business you are in.
Yes the public respond to the words Discount or free, but these ae no good if in a few months, you have to close down because you are running at a lose.

I can give you a good example how an offer wortks well. many years ago i ran a market stall and i got a bulk offer of fishing nets - 144 (these cost me approx. 15p each), so i placed them for 50p each and in a full season of 8 mths i sold only 6, so the next season i placed these at £1 each with Buy 1 get 1 free, so i get the 50p i originally wanted per item and i sold the whole lot in about 4 days all becuase people see the word Free and think they are getting something for free