Future of data center

Santrex.net

As we know data center business is changing rapidly because of the visualization and green IT.

Any changes will happen on the following designs? If so, feel free to provide your comments and input.

-security
-fire protection
-consolidation and virtualization
-automation
-environmental control
-UPS
-Battery banks
-Diesel generators

Anything else might get change?

Only two that I can add to the list would be:
* rapid deployment (DataCenter in a Box)
With the new modular datacenter designs and delivery of complete systems in a cargo container, it's now pretty easy to expand a datacenter within a few days (if you have the money)

Location is the biggest thing I can think of, tons of people are complaining that there is not enough room in the world for just our population. Where are we going to put DC's when it comes to them needed specific locations to start off with. In twenty years I want to see where we are then.

Well, IMO cooling system which are related to 'environmental control, should be researched more and made more independent from using electricity. Few days ago I read about water cooling systems. I also think that still there is huge margin for improvement in automation of systems.

Despite everything being true, keeping the carbon footprints low is still one of the biggest challenges for any datacenters. Though we can say that technology has been evolving in that direction and the server machines are being developed that consume the best minimum resources and power. This problem should soon be tackled in the near future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zentekinfosoft