free privacy

it should be free, here is no extra credit of giving this.

why should they give a server for free. when you set up domain privacy, this places the contact details of the privacy service using along with an email address (which with namecheap, then randomly change), someone has to provide these details and managed them. if they get emails to their email address, so will forward these to you.

so you want these for FREE

Well, some of my domain registrars do it for free. And sometimes using it maybe very useful if you want to decrease the quantity of spam emails, for example.

Most registrars now offer domain privacy for free. I think it's becoming the norm. All LB registrars and OpenSRS offer it for free.

Yes WHOIS protection is good for old owners, for domain stealing and updating directory.

Though I do not like the idea of original post. You should understand nature of their business and take decision.

Sometimes its worth giving a client a freeby even if its not free to you. Its a business choice, if you want to keep them.

Sometimes its worth giving a client a freeby even if its not free to you. Its a business choice,

Yes a business choice that will soon see your business fold. If you give away things that cost you then your business will never last long.

People have asked me for it plenty of times before... It's always nice to make free privacy a temporary promo, but I wouldn't give it to everyone for free.

The thing is that services cost. If everyone would start selling service for free then who would actually make some profit and would be able to create a welfare. In my opinion it is pretty logical that domain privacy costs. If you want a service then just pay for it.

The domain Privacy is no longer being free from what I have seen

All of the providers are charging for it now

We provide domains from Internet.bs and they do not charge for privacy, as well as many other providers, I am sure.

Could you please list the providers who DO charge?

We are offering Free Domain Privacy, as our registrar provides it for free, we got a special deal after we made certain deposit in our account, it required some investment but we got it