Fraud Prevention

Maxmind works great and we use it but with settings that allows order even with highest fraud score, then we manually review each and every order and cancel/refund if needed on the basis of information provided by MaxMind, and other factors because we don't want to loose any good clients due to false positive by MaxMIND

I use Maxmind along with Fraudrecord.
I also no long provide instant setups.
I also require email verification at the ordering stages, so if the email is not verified then no order is placed.
I also have a long list of banned email extensions, so these would never be allowed to place orders.

these processes prevent 99.99% of fraud users from signing up to my services as you will never 100% stop fraudsters

We use FraudLabs Pro and so far it has worked great! They even got a small plan for those who don't need that many requests.

Never heard of these chaps, but I'm interested as the micro "free" plan. Would be good for resellers.
No Hostbill plugin available yet.

I'm kinda between plans myself and $99 a month, is not something I want to spend without proven returns, but always good to have options.

As with most people here I use Maxmind and Fraud Record, and as I have HostBill, they also have their own Free fraud checks.

By running in order of

Hostbill
Fraud Record
Maxmind

I'm keeping my costs really low, whilst getting good results. Have had too many attempts at fraud to mention, but this year none successful.

ALWAYS manual checking using common sense for high value orders.

I agree with that. also with ISPs for broadband. It is not always that the IP is close to you.

1 of the IPs my ISP assigned to my broadband was 120 miles from me, so maxmind would mark that as suspicious and may even reject the order, but nothing wrong with me, so doing a manual check and some research you will find the reason and could accept the order, but if you just took maxminds word for it then you could have lost a genuine clients may have placed orders worth hundreds of pounds.

We had a large number of fraudulent orders come in at one point and decided not to allow direct credit card transactions. We only offer PayPal and Bitcoin, but PayPal also lets you pay by credit card so it works out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airnode