First hand - good news

willt

Name and URL of hosting company: Switchlink (www.switchlink.co.uk)
Hosted URL(s): www.hullaquatic.com
Description of service(s) used: XEN-1000
How long have you been using the service(s): 6 months

Detailed review: Never used a VPS before and was pushed the way of switchlink by a few reviews I'd seen online. The package is one of the cheapest I found on the internet, which did worry me a bit, however 6 months in, and I'm happy with their service and support. I'm not the most technical guy, but never waited long to get a response from their helpful support team. The control panel is very easy to use even for an old codger like me! Am happy overall and would definatly recommend to anyone thinking about a virtual server.

Pros: Good support, friendly staff, good prices, easy to use control panel
Cons: Nothing springs to mind!
Would you recommend this company to your best friend? Yes

Thanks for sharing your experience with Switchlink.co.uk so that people will consider this host to get services/VPS.
I see they have attractive prices. :)

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful and memorable experience with us Willt about Switchlink.co.uk. It will act as motivation for so many to do work hard and get such kind of motivation and i will be the first one to do so.
:party: :flowers: :shout:

Being in the hosting industry for a while that is great to hear someone posting positive reviews about a company. I have never been with Switch Link but would now.

Thanks for the postive review.

Finally! Took a while for my account to be verified on here..

I've been with switchlink for a few months now and thought, you know, they been good to me, i'll be good to them and write em a nice review. So here I am adding my 2 cents to this.

I've been with a few VPS companies in the past (eukhost and 1and1 as examples). Eukhost was terrible from the get go, constant downtime, account billing system that never worked. I ended up having a free VPS for 3 months as they never bothered to shut mine down!! 1and1 was simply too expensive and overlly controlled in what you could do. Was way too limited.

With switchlink, its been like total bliss right from the start. A fantastic control panel, and mini panel if you don't really know what your doing. Mini panel allows for simple VPS functions, stop, start, restart, etc. The advanced panel is where you really get to see in depth info on your VPS. Definitely one of the more powerful control panels i've used. I have mine with OpenVZ, using the vps 750. Cheapest around by far. I'm told Xen is more powerful also.

The team helped me setup my website and provided help installing a free web control panel instead of pressuring me into buying plesk or cpanel like other hosts do. They even helped me do FTP and fixed a problem with my mumble server running. My download speeds from the VPS have been perfect. I have 50mb cable with virgin and I was downloading around 7mb/s which is pretty much my lines capability. Uptime since purchase has been 100% and i've only had to reboot my VPS once from a crash which was my fault entirely.

Like willT has done:

Pros: Support is fantastic, great prices, great uptime, control panel is easy to use and has lots of functions.

Cons: None really, i'm overall very happy with the service.

Would I recommend: YES

Cheers for listening to my ramblings.

Wow... Digging up the past, but I thought I'd return and give my opinion with coming up to 2 years of service.

I don't think I've managed to stay with any one host for this long, but frankly my initial post still stands. Since my first post, Switchlink appears to have grown substantially, and have released numerous updates to their control panel and service structure, while still maintaining the low pricing. I'm still a very happy customer, and their support are still as good as it was! So well done to them, and I'd still happily recommend a friend!

They have also released a new free DNS product I've been attempting to use (failed at the start but now am at grips with it). I'll do another review on this as I'd be going off topic.