Feedback and advise on my website?

Just for me personally, there's too much red, especially on the home page and the type size is too large. The design and navigation are fine, but I would recommend having a proofreader audit your site for grammar.

Thanks SenseiSteve for your feedback.
I will take your feedback and make some changes to the websites homepage layout and content.
Would you say the rest of the pages look good?

As @SenseiSteve said, the red is a little overwhelming. I would use the grey from your logo as the primary color and maybe use red, sparingly, through the site. We faced the same issue ourselves as the name of our company is "Big Red SEO" and as much as we have tried using Red, it just doesn't send the right signals to the user. Take a queue from Target (target.com). While their brand is a red color, they only use it in the header navigation and a few other parts, but they're not using red everywhere.

As for the site itself, I personally didn't like a domain search being the primary thing on the website. I'd much rather see a row of servers (traditional, I know), or info about hosting or features. Unless domains are the primary thing in your business, I'd move them away from the first thing I see on the website. Step 2 takes up another big chunk of space, again about the domain.
Step 3, I can choose templates - does that mean I can only use your templates, or are there ones I can use. ARe these Wordpress, Weebly, HTML, X - what kind of site am I getting?

Testimonials are great, but they need to be backed up. I have no idea who Leo, Wendy or Roy are, and there's no link to their websites either. For all I know, as a customer, these are random names etc. Need to back up the proof - would be better if they also linked to a 3rd party review site. But again, as with the domain, move it away from the top thing on the website. I'm there to buy hosting. Tell me how great the hosting is, and then, if you wanted, you can reinforce it with testimonials.

When I roll over top navigation on a desktop, moving to "Our Services", it should automatically drop down without me having to click. You are allowed 3 clicks with a user. After that, they leave your site. So make it easy to find things.

Separate the Our Servcies and have "Web Hosting, Domains, Security" as the three main navigation items. Put the others under a dropdown (again, make it easy for me to find the things I want). "Home" turn into an icon so it's small and out of the way. "Support Area, Client Portal" are the same thing to me, put them under the same menu (or dump the Support Area.

Remove the "Our Offers" and make that info on the home page. Use the navigation space to guide the user either to sales or support. And the text on the Our Offers, I can't read it. It looks like 13px, but it's impossible to read.

As for the site itself, I personally didn't like a domain search being the primary thing on the website. I'd much rather see a row of servers (traditional, I know), or info about hosting or features. Unless domains are the primary thing in your business, I'd move them away from the first thing I see on the website. Step 2 takes up another big chunk of space, again about the domain.
Step 3, I can choose templates - does that mean I can only use your templates, or are there ones I can use. ARe these Wordpress, Weebly, HTML, X - what kind of site am I getting?
Regarding the domain search on the front page this is a new design which was updated a few weeks ago. The old homepage can be found at https://www.jshosting.co.uk/index.old.php if you wish to see what it looked like before. Its the same layout as the https://www.jshosting.co.uk/website-hosting.php page just stripped down with less content on the page. I wanted to give a variety of content throughout the website rather then keep repeating the same content again and again. Thanks for the detailed feedback, i will post an update very soon.

As a buyer/customer, I think the old version is better for me. I get to see all the info and be able to make a decision.

But, at the end of the day, you should be split testing anyway. Run an A/B split test with the two different versions, and see what the traction is like in your Google Analytics.

Load your website with a 1400x1024 display setting. This is the most common notebook size.
Then load your site in 1024x1366 which is an iPad Pro size.
Also load it in 1920x1080 which is a common size.

Look at what is being shown on the top half of the screen before any scrolling. This is your prime real estate section.

Seeing the top navigation, the opening heading line, and then the icons for hosting, while good, is not great. It needs words - especially if you want Google to rank your website well.

Think of the initial experience a user is going to see when they get to your site before any scrolling.

I'm sorry but the site simply takes too long to load. Can you please check if it is live or not?

It is live, I tried from a Dutch IP and it works. Have you banned IPs from India? If so, why?

I'd say your site looks great. But the design somewhat looks to be non-friendly
1. Domain (is it very important?)
2. Menu nav is not intuitive (Offers and Services are more important and need to be at the left side, also have a separated button for Client Portal, About and Support Area)
3. Doesn't GIF occupy a lot of loadtime?
4. Find a logo image with no background for "About" page

I've just checked and India was banned from accessing the site.
I've just been through and unblocked India from the list.
We had some attacks on our website recently so I decided to block some countries from accessing the site.

1. The current homepage is a new design which was designed about a month ago, the idea to have the domain at the top was based off other hosting providers. You can check out the old page at https://www.jshosting.co.uk/index.old.php. Personally I agree with @bigredseo you get all the info you need to make a decision.

2. So they should be arranged most Important to least important page?

3. Gif does occupy a lot on the load time, but from my location I get a good score on lighthouse. (https://puu.sh/Itpyh/4bc8af1f3c.png) But if I run a test from another location it takes some time to load this is because we don't use a CDN at the moment. Also from your feedback and other peoples I will be changing the homepage back to the old design soon.

4. I've now removed the white background around the logo on the about page.

I have made some changes to the following:

- Footer/Links: Removed links and tidy up. Also fixed mobile version of footer and edited billing area footer to match. Added image to show old footer for reference.

chrome_atzcYDS4fT.png

- Index Page: removed getting started. added image to background header domains search.
- Headings: Made heading padding smaller. Also changed font size. Mobile view: aligned navbar toggle with logo so it doesn't take up screen space.
- Added download buttons to about us to test speed.
- Grammar checked the whole website.
- Also Been working on adding WordPress Hosting Page soon. (Sneak Peak: https://www.jshosting.co.uk/wordpress-hosting.php)
@bprashanth :
Menu nav is not intuitive (Offers and Services are more important and need to be at the left side, also have a separated button for Client Portal, About and Support Area)
I haven't change the layout of the nav as most sites have a similar layout.
Home page first and then other pages follow.

Let me know what you think?
@bigredseo @bprashanth @SenseiSteve

Content-wise, you are missing a huge opportunity by not displaying your core services up front. Registering a domain is fine, if that's what you want potential customers to focus on first, but you have the space to present at least an additional line of service/product you offer. Below the domain registration and above testimonials, why not insert a line presenting your 3 web hosting packages.

Your website name has the word "hosting" in its name, but you can't see a sign of that upon arrival.

@bigredseo The whole website supports mobile and has been checked on both android and apple devices. The Nav has a clean look with a side menu that pops out allowing for quick navigation.
I've not checked google console yet as I'm in the middle of a new product release and trying to update/create other pages so I'll wait till I've edit the sitemap before i check google console.
The way the site is designed is it pulls elements in as there needed.
Take header.php for instance. Allowing me to swap between old and new, if i find a bug or big issue then i can just revert back to the original. I use blisk browser to help check on all screen sizes. The only browser my website doesn't support is brave. The bulk of the website works fine, its just the client area that doesn't work. As brave blocks the scripts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jean_garcia2