Features you expect from a reseller account?

I would have supposed to look for Uptime, 24/7 support, billing software and also each user account should have Web site statistics, directory protections, back ups, etc.

FrontPage Extensions? Are people really still using this?

We abandoned Extensions when Microsoft abandoned FrontPage and our users haven't had any issues. We do have WebDav enabled for connections with Expressions or the later versions of the old FrontPage, but since the software is no longer supported having software on the server can be a potential security risk.

Certanly not PCI Compliant running software that is not supported!

Are you really seeing a demand for FrontPage Extensions?

LOL no people just copy and paste those lists i think...

Your basics you need:

unlimited domains, sub domains, email, ftp, and parked (parked optional)
if you paying 20+ month you want them to include whmcs or some auto pilot software
& cPanel and WHM

:D Brief little thing on what i look for :D

SSH access would be useful as it comes in handy when you have multiple accounts on a server that need to be managed.

24/7 Rapid response support so that my clients don't have to wait if they need support or if anything goes wrong.

RVSkin themes.

Fantastico

FrontPage Extensions? Are people really still using this?

We abandoned Extensions when Microsoft abandoned FrontPage and our users haven't had any issues. We do have WebDav enabled for connections with Expressions or the later versions of the old FrontPage, but since the software is no longer supported having software on the server can be a potential security risk.

Certanly not PCI Compliant running software that is not supported!

Are you really seeing a demand for FrontPage Extensions?

Yes, we still have a big number of customers using FP and some still ask for it. We have a server or two which still run it.

Definitely not PCI Compliant if you're still operating Frontpage Extensions. FrontPage hasn't been developed or patched or upgraded since 2006. A 3rd party company continued development on the Frontpage Extensions until 2008, but that was it, no updates since then.

PCI Compliance is probably something that should be important to you if you plan on hosting your billing panel on your reseller account

In general PCI is good practice. Having daily scans run on your server from any of the top scanning companies (McAfee, ControlScan, HackerSafe, SecurityMatrix etc) lets you see potential software that can be exploited and get it shut down or taken off the server long before anyone gets to exploit it. It's really something that is just good business sense. We have those scans run on all our severs and then advanced scanning for a number of our eCommerce servers which lets us see if software on the server can be exploited through SQL Injections etc etc. Overall it's just better business practice to have things scanned, the latest software running, software patched, and exploitable software removed and holes plugged. Going the extra step for the customer (while can be an extra expense) is worth it for everyone's sanity. When someones site gets exploited or defaced, the first thing they do is blame the host then move hosting companies. Being able to head that off means you get to keep your customer 9 times out of 10.

There are many different types of reseller hosting plans. Some reseller hosting plans allow you the user to be your own hosting company where you support your customers. As others allow you to brand yourself as a hosting company but use the hosting companies techs for supporting your customers.

Which reseller plan that works best for you is up to how well you know the control panels and environment you are in.

Definitely not PCI Compliant if you're still operating Frontpage Extensions. FrontPage hasn't been developed or patched or upgraded since 2006. A 3rd party company continued development on the Frontpage Extensions until 2008, but that was it, no updates since then.

Yes, I know. Some customer still insist on using it do we have a couple of servers still running them.

Features you can expect from a reseller account : Private Name Servers, correct ips and dns settings on the domain register, information on how to access cpanel and whm, information on how to set up reseller accounts, information on how to create plans, information on what billing system to select (whmcs,phpcoin, etc...), selling of add-ons (dedicated ips, ssl certificates,etc...), answering inquiries on time on live chat, e-mail, or through trouble ticket.

Fantastico and other one-click/auto script installers, unlimited domains, ability to create accounts with unlimited features (for the sake of overselling, of course), SSH. These are the bare minimum I think a reseller account should offer.

Agreed :)

Tech support is a must as well. Since you dont control the server, you must be able to get in touch when the person who does to solve some issues that you wont be able to handle yourself.

I expect reliable support, stable server, satisfying bandwidth, data transfers per month, DB, software, site builders etc for of course not the highest payment. More i will pay for a 24/7 support, additional tools included and much more bandwidth and data trasfer per month.

Yes :smash:

The Reseller hosting companies do provide the support for the clients of the customers.

Yes, this is end user support is usually the name of the feature and this is more along the lines of the companies biggest reseller plan you can buy. :D Great thanks for sharing

Unlimited Domains
Subdomains
Email Accounts
MySQL Databases
FTP Accounts
Easy to Use and Flexible Control Panel (cPanel Demo | WHM Demo)
99.9% Uptime Guarantee
No Contract with a 45 Day Money Back Guarantee
Private Name Servers based on your Domain

Unlimited Domains
Subdomains
Email Accounts
MySQL Databases
FTP Accounts
Easy to Use and Flexible Control Panel (cPanel Demo | WHM Demo)
99.9% Uptime Guarantee
No Contract with a 45 Day Money Back Guarantee
Private Name Servers based on your Domain

:agree: But 30 days Money back guarantee also good. and don't forget Unlimited Clients Hosting. :D