FAQ as a Sales Tool

I agree, i include our FAQ link in all intital emails as well as the welcome email but clients still ask me the questions instead of even looking at it...

I think every host gets that. i bet their is less than 1% of clients who read any hosts TOS etc. before signing up but will always ticket that they agree to them

We dont use an FAQ very much. Found that many clients dont read it.

I think you are mostly right. But FAQs aren't just for customers. Its much easier to link to a FAQ in a support response then typing the same thing over and over again. On the flipside, its a good idea to turn tickets into FAQs

These things are helpful to the support staff, if not the customer.

I think you are mostly right. But FAQs aren't just for customers. Its much easier to link to a FAQ in a support response then typing the same thing over and over again. On the flipside, its a good idea to turn tickets into FAQs

These things are helpful to the support staff, if not the customer.

We often link KB/FAQ articles to support tickets. It is also handy when you have livechats with prospective clients.

Hello,

Yes, FAQ, presale questions plays an important role on your site. Listing of presales question save a lots of work of live chat person and provide all basic sales and important details of a site to clients within minimum questions only.

FAQ is good for SEO, too. Questions and answer about the products or services you are offering on your site are good opportunity to use your best keywords, too. Whether people are reading them or not, probably not.

How many hosters here actually view their FAQ as a sales tool as well as a customer service tool? Remember that your FAQ is a frequent stop for potential clients as well as existing clients. Why not put your uptime guarantee or that you have 24/7 phone support as Q&A's #1 and #2? Or better yet, reword your USP (unique selling proposition) as question #1?

Q: "Is it true that every member of your support staff is US based and has at least 5 years experience?"
A: Absolutely! We started XYZ Hosting, Inc. with the idea that support should be knowledgeable and easy to access."

I agree and I'm sure customers appreciate an FAQ, it's also not a bad idea to include a FAQ on your website. Saves the hassle of having the customer contact you.