Ever heard of Aefer?

Liam D.

Have you ever heard of Aefer? Its a remote auto-installer. All you need to do is signup and add your domain, then feed it the details. Works exactly like Softaculous except that its already a premium version and it uses FTP to transfer files. You also need to create your database manually and input it into Aefer, but it works great.

Try it out: http://aefer.com/

Never used it, but with the fact that it needs you to enter the details for the database etc there's not much of a time saver. wget FTP archive, unpack, setup database, assign database, install. the only thing that would appear to be automated would be the getting of the archive file and the execution of the install script.

I had a look and I'm wondering what the advantage is?
Why would one use this instead of Softaculous.

Have you ever heard of Aefer? Its a remote auto-installer. All you need to do is signup and add your domain, then feed it the details. Works exactly like Softaculous except that its already a premium version and it uses FTP to transfer files. You also need to create your database manually and input it into Aefer, but it works great.

Try it out: http://aefer.com/

you have to understand the people are lazy. they don't like to spend to much time setting something up. for me it don't think i will work i don't like to give my ftp details to anyone it a ricks for me. fantactico its my friend. :)

I had a look and I'm wondering what the advantage is?
Why would one use this instead of Softaculous.

One advantage is that if your host doesn't have softaculous or its premium version, you can use this to remotely install it without you having to do a configuration.

The disadvantage (at least how it was explained) is that you're providing FTP access to a 3rd party, thus exposing your site for future issues. If you're going to go that far, you may as well just download the software and install it manually.

I mean it sounds like a nice service, but because of all the extra hoops a client would have to jump through, it defeats the purpose.

The disadvantage (at least how it was explained) is that you're providing FTP access to a 3rd party, thus exposing your site for future issues. If you're going to go that far, you may as well just download the software and install it manually.

I mean it sounds like a nice service, but because of all the extra hoops a client would have to jump through, it defeats the purpose.

That was my first thought. Who would be willing to enter their FTP info? I certainly wouldn't. :disagree:

You can change the FTP details once your desired script is already installed if you think much of security. Otherwise I think Aefer is secure enough to hold FTP data without getting the risk of the data being stolen or anything.

Seems risky to me also. I can see it being used from a client perspective, but not from a business perspective. But giving out login information like that is dangerous in my opinion.