Email or Ticket?

Tickets are more professional in my opinion, and are easier to handle compared to emails. One problem though, is that you need a login and password and things take a tad longer to do with tickets.

I guess it depends on the script though!

Yeah, tickets

I think its much better support tickets, its more easy to manage, and more users prefer it.

Why not both? Pipe emails
tickets are the best a clients can't seem to figure that out as more than one person may look at there problem.

Tickets keep a good record the pipe forces them to use the ticket system

Which method would be better-suited to quick and easy replies to clients?

My choice would be using ticket. Unless there are some magical feature that our email can conjure later in the future, better stick with ticket. Its easier to manage, and good for you when you are trying to build up your own knowledge base template later.

While ticketing is nice, this doesn't mean that you should stop using email. Email is fine and some customer do prefer email over ticketing. There are some good tools out there that auto generate ticketing for any new email that reach your support/admin/etc mailbox. If you can use this wisely then you had save some of your precious time distinguishing between email, complaint and spam :p.

I definitely recommend having something that involves tickets, but the best approach is to cover as many options as possible for the ultimate convenience of the customer, not for yourself.

A good hosting company should offer direct physical mail support (though no one ever uses that route), fax support, phone support, live chat support, email support, onsite ticket support, a thorough FAQ system, forum support, and anything else that you can think of to help the customer.

And it should all be integrated in an organized manner into a ticket system so that the customer can always check up on the status of even resolved issues of theirs and so that any of your support staff can review their entire issue history, even for seemingly unrelated issues.

The more you invest in supporting your customer, the more they will be willing to invest in supporting you, simply put.