• Aug 16, 2024. An announcement on the latest changes affecting this community coming soon.

Effective Advertising

webling

Since I got my website redeveloped I am focusing on getting the word out now. I figured out the niche I want to reach and I already have at least one prospect, maybe even two.

I've been in sales in the past and got good at it. But that was in a different market. I've been online since 1995 but never focused much on internet marketing. I know some of the things I learned offline should also work online such as building value in your product. I worked on that when I listed products on my site and eventually may add more things to that. I've also printed business cards after developing a design.

I'm trying to think of all the ways of advertising that are free. I know getting paid advertising and grow a site quicker, but I have no money for advertising at this point. I've been sharing links on social media also and already talked to a couple of people who are in my niche. So hopefully this approach will begin getting customers for me.

This is a very tall question to answer because the answer sums up a job of a professional marketer. Having seen and done this professionally, I have to say that besides traditional ways and tactics, this sentence right here is what I'd focus on the most.
I figured out the niche I want to reach and I already have at least one prospect, maybe even two.
Once you understand what your niche is, build a path to reaching the audience. You can build strategy to reach out and follow through with potential clients. Something that you are doing is clearly working, given that you have two leads. We don't know what specifically that is, but try to figure out if there is a way to scale that effort.

There are a number of effective strategies that add value to your site that are either free or cost very little.

Effective SEO tactics that I summarized earlier this year doesn't cost you anything but your time.

Participate in forums where your client segment is active. Being genuinely helpful can attract attention from members and visitors. Join forums related to your niche, build your profile, and post in advertising sections that most forums have.

Consider bartering. Offer to host a website for free in exchange for advertising, which can boost your exposure and SEO.

If you find a small budget, groups and forums can effectively spread your message and elevate your brand. Sponsoring newsletters and podcasts is another option.

Social media shows good activity but is tougher for sales. If you find the right approach, it can be beneficial.

Organize online meetings, tutorials, or webinars on valuable subjects for your audience. Invite clients and interested attendees, and follow up with registrants.

I've found the best results in being where my target audience is. Everything else has been OK but nothing compared to actively engaging them where they are comfortable.

For hosting, this might be through your local business groups. Compete against the bigger companies where they don't want to - the "boots on the ground" work that doesn't scale via Google Ad spend.

Since I got my website redeveloped I am focusing on getting the word out now. I figured out the niche I want to reach and I already have at least one prospect, maybe even two.

I've been in sales in the past and got good at it. But that was in a different market. I've been online since 1995 but never focused much on internet marketing. I know some of the things I learned offline should also work online such as building value in your product. I worked on that when I listed products on my site and eventually may add more things to that. I've also printed business cards after developing a design.

I'm trying to think of all the ways of advertising that are free. I know getting paid advertising and grow a site quicker, but I have no money for advertising at this point. I've been sharing links on social media also and already talked to a couple of people who are in my niche. So hopefully this approach will begin getting customers for me.
Utilizing free advertising methods, such as sharing links on social media and networking with people in your niche, is a smart approach when you're starting and don't have a budget for paid advertising. Have you considered reaching out to influencers or bloggers in your niche to see if they would be interested in promoting your website or products? Guest blogging on relevant sites can also help increase your visibility and drive traffic to your site.
Keep experimenting with different marketing tactics and don't be afraid to try new approaches to see what works best for your specific audience. Good luck!

Utilizing free advertising methods, such as sharing links on social media and networking with people in your niche, is a smart approach when you're starting and don't have a budget for paid advertising. Have you considered reaching out to influencers or bloggers in your niche to see if they would be interested in promoting your website or products? Guest blogging on relevant sites can also help increase your visibility and drive traffic to your site.
Keep experimenting with different marketing tactics and don't be afraid to try new approaches to see what works best for your specific audience. Good luck!
I have done some of that. I've also emailed people I think could use this service. I'm trying direct marketing to see if I can find any success with that.

Just my 2 cents, but I'd like to see a company name and phisycal address on your website (possibly on the footer?), let alone a linkedin profile, just to be a bit reassured I'm not dealing with a scam.
The more you are transparent, the more users are gonna trust you.

1. Find your niche and target it.

2. Reach out to blogs, websites and other sources that match your niche and pay for a link exchange, banner ads, etc. I did this in the past and I am currently doing this to help with my blog.

3. Offer free web hosting to small groups and ask for a link and ad on their site. I did this in the beginning and worked out great for me.

4. Sign up for as many forums as you can and be an active participant. Back when I was a host I would spend 2-3 hours a day on forums building up my brand. Art can tell you I was around all the time here lol Couldn't get rid of me if he wanted too. This is a great way to build your brand. Help people with their questions, add content to the forums and post on others so it makes them want to post on your stuff. All this builds your brand.

Just my 2 cents, but I'd like to see a company name and phisycal address on your website (possibly on the footer?), let alone a linkedin profile, just to be a bit reassured I'm not dealing with a scam.
The more you are transparent, the more users are gonna trust you.
The trouble with that for me is that I don't have a physical address I can give. I live in one state and my business is in another. Also, to put your home address on the site could be a security risk. I don't want some nut blowing up my house with a bomb because they got angry at me. In the past I have offered a PO Box however.

It's a very long road if you depend on free advertising.

Check out Reddits advertising platform, I've been very impressed with the results with little investment.

The trouble with that for me is that I don't have a physical address I can give. I live in one state and my business is in another. Also, to put your home address on the site could be a security risk. I don't want some nut blowing up my house with a bomb because they got angry at me. In the past I have offered a PO Box however.
I was about to say it, but you brought it up yourself. A PO Box is definitely better than nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AscendNet
Back