Editing a template

gooooogle

I am trying out free templates from the internet for the first time. I usually use ones built into Namo, but I am not using that now. I am currently experimenting with editing the last template on the page

http://www.freewebtemplates.com/template.php?cid=1&thisOffset=75&lineIndex=75

I am having problems. I changed the text in the banners psd file, but the files read by the web browser is the split up gif files. How can I turn my edited psd file into these split up gif files so I can easily replace the old. I chose to edit the psd because I can just edit the text in Photoshop, but it's much more complicated with gif files.

Any hints on editing the template?

Do you know how to "slice" an image?
Thats when you cut the image into sections then you save each part of the image (section) as a seperate gif file.

If you know how to use the slice tool try slicing the image yourself and replacing the current sliced one with your edited file, this normally works better than trying just to cut out the parts you have to replace and keeps an even feel thoughout the image :)

If you dont know how, just say and I will try get you a tutorial

Hmm. I have never used slice. Is it available in Photoshop Elements 2?

How do I get them exactly the same size as the old ones?

Thanks for a quick reply.

I havent used elements 2 so Im not sure to be honest.

Your best bet is to slice the whole image again and replace the ones in the template with your new ones instead of trying to replace image with a slice thats the same size, thats very hard to do I think.

I always totally reslice an image if it didnt come with a sliced PSD then replace the template images with the new ones I created with my slices.

Hmm. Strange. I chose save for web and Gif as the export type. Photoshop then exported it already sliced up for me. How did that happen?

Photoshop did that??
Didnt know it sliced images on export. When I got Adobe PhotoShop, it came with a program called Image Ready, another program that lets you slice up your images.

I just selected save for web with gif as image format and everything was sorted out for me. The slicing must have been preset or something like that.

Thats luck then.
Its never done that for me so maybe its a setting or something.
Have you checked if the template PSD is already sliced?
It might be but you might not have the slice lines visible in your settings or something because it doesnt normally slice it for you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zentekinfosoft