Duplicating WHM servers

HometownServers

I am very pleased to be able to say in our incredibly short existence we have grown so significantly that one thing is for sure, our one dedicated server is not going to cut it another week.
So I've got my new one, but Ive spend so much time tweaking the first one to be as secure as possible and having all the software exactly how I want it. I am wondering. Is there a way to duplicate the backend of WHM software and configurations to another server? Not the userfiles of course, but everything else? Or do I just have to come up with a routine for configuring them as needed.

The process is not built in. Could you be more specific about the types of enhancements you have made? I ask because for example anything you did from the command line can be combined into a script that you copy to the new server and execute , i.e sh install.sh ; If you made changes from withing WHM, that might be trickier depending on what you changed.

It would be nice for WHM to copy configs from one server to another via teh WHM. There may be a way to do this root access. you may want to contact cpanel support.

Instead of waiting for cPanel to launch a settings replication feature, which is very unlikely to work properly especially when dealing with third party addons such as CSF, CXS, CMQ etc. I would go for a different approach.
It may be less time consuming and it guarantees a perfect match between the source and destination server in respect to the settings and policies.

Because I assume you can not take the server down for a classic disk clone, you may use the R1Soft Sever Backup Free software, create a backup of the source server, restore the backup on the destination server, delete all existing accounts, prune the system logs and change it's main IP address.

You will have to pay special attention when picking up the hardware for the second server. Go for the same CPU vendor and if possible use the same storage architecture. While I haven't tried to restore Intel backups on AMD backups I had to deal with different storage architecture and it takes a bit of mitigation to make the restored OS work.

Hi,
I don't know but this may be solve your problem.
As in WHM their is option to backup, "Not Legacy Backup"
You may go to Configure Backup and then select "Backup System Files".

This will backup all system file (moslty /etc/)

But I didn't used this ..

cPanel/WHM does have a clustering system. Other than that, you should just buy more servers and add new clients to make it easier on yourself if you don't want to transfer a ton of clients over

We faced the same problem too. What I have found was a better method, rather than relying on softwares, was to save a list of settings which you would be configuring from stock configurations and simply perform those to the new server's configurations. This would at least make the entire process more efficient.