Downtime monitoring?

BlackStorm

Do you have a monitor running on your website?
What service do you use?
Has it helped you much?Is it free or premium?

Im using a downtime monitor but it doesnt help me much anyway, I normally find out about the problem either before i get the warning email or even before i get it..

I know a lot find it very useful and helpful though

There is a monitor called umm Uptime Monitor or System Uptime or somethign.. not too sure on the name... I used it before but it seemed to not work accuratly for myself.. so I personally wouldnt use that but maybe it might work for you?

<<XSecure>> sorry I dont know your real name...anyways I just signed up with Site Uptime and I would really appreciate it if you could please let me know where did you get that report from since I would like to post it on my NETWORK STATUS page on my website.

Thank YOu

Rahul, I think I know how I can get some type of uptime and load averages displayed on your website.. It would look something like this:
Uptime for tsunami.pierhosting.com (FreeBSD): is 4:56PM up 1 day, 7:45, 1 user, load averages: 0.27, 0.17, 0.07

If this is something you would want, let me know and I'll see about how to get it on there, I'm pretty sure I can find out relatively easy.

Hi Gordy

I want something like a table where it would show the HTTP, APACHE, SQL, POP3 and so on status and beside it there would be a GREEN light if everything is ok but there would be a RED light if something is not working....basically the exact same thing from your WHM control panel.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Oh, okay, I understand.. well it seems my good tech friend is online, give me about 15 minutes and I will hopefully have an answer for you.

Actually.. I think I MIGHT know how to do this myself.. let me try something and if it works, I will post you a link on how to do it.

If you need any help understanding it, give me a shout but I think you will have no troubles.. not too complicated at all.

Gordy...first of all I would like to thank you for assisting me with this...I will be checking this out now and will get back to you within a couple of minutes and let you know.

Thanks

No problem.. that is the only way I can think of doing it for now.. if I find a better way to do it, I will let you know.. all you do is open a socket to the port, if it connects then its online, if not it is offline.

I just checked it out...I was wondering if you could assist me as to how to get the green light or the red light in there since I am totaly NEWBIE when it comes to programming :)

this was EXACTLY what I was looking for....thank you VERY much Gordy...I really appreciate you going out of your way and helping me out...if you need anything in the future please do not hesitate to let me know and I will do everything within my power to help you out

PS: I was wondering if you could keep the code and the URLs active for about a week until I implement it with my website...if this is not too much of a problem..

Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8