Domaining in Bahamas Daddy Free

It looks like a great deal offered by Internet BS. They sell .com TLD for $7.15 which is the cheapest price of the most popular TLD today (I wonder if Go Daddy still sells it for $6.99).

I am extremely interested in seeing what Name.com investor pricing will be.

Also very impressed with Internet BS pricing. How can they offer prices for domain registrations lower than its main rivals? How are they making their money?

I am extremely interested in seeing what Name.com investor pricing will be.

Also very impressed with Internet BS pricing. How can they offer prices for domain registrations lower than its main rivals? How are they making their money?

I think being located in the Bahamas has something to do with it.

They also offer other services like SSL certs >> http://www.greensslcertificates.com/

But however it is, I'm not complaining/questioning :smash:

I just received an email with the new pricing from Internet.BS

New prices in USD applicable from the 1st of July.

All prices are inclusive of Private Whois, ICANN fee and credit card processing fees:

.net transfer $6.49
.net registration $6.99
.net renewal $6.99

.com transfer $7.15
.com renewal $8.35
.com registration $7.49

.org transfer $6.99
.org registration $7.85
.org renewal $7.85

.info registration $7.50
.info transfer $7.25
.info renewal $7.75

all other prices remain unchanged.

Please note that we are creating a new pricing structure with the
aim to favor customers with large portfolios and/or buying
for multiple years at once and/or who hold large funds deposited
with us.
The new pricing structure should be released during the month
of July.

The Bahamas: Where the sun is always shining and the whois-privacy is always included (where applicable).

That is some amazing pricing.

What is the lowest average price that GoDaddy/NameCheap has, considering a coupon is used? I remember I was getting domains at around $7.50 also. What would it be today?

Actually, just made some searching. Relatively the same price with GoDaddy:

cjc689FAT $6.89 .coms (exp 6/30/10) (registration)
OYH10 - $2.50 off / $7.49 any .COM (renewals too)

That's better than Internet BS's .COM renewal at $8.35.

Actually, just made some searching. Relatively the same price with GoDaddy:

cjc689FAT $6.89 .coms (exp 6/30/10) (registration)
OYH10 - $2.50 off / $7.49 any .COM (renewals too)

That's better than Internet BS's .COM renewal at $8.35.

Add whois privacy for $8.99/yr with Godaddy though, whereas Internet.bs whois privacy is free.

That's a good point, Plexi, but for many the value of private whois is less than actual cost of domain fees.

Having said that, I don't quite understand why private whois should be a paid option at all! Doesn't seem to represent a cost to domain registrars, does it?

That's a good point, Plexi, but for many the value of private whois is less than actual cost of domain fees.

Having said that, I don't quite understand why private whois should be a paid option at all! Doesn't seem to represent a cost to domain registrars, does it?

Well, it's at least a custom system that forwards emails etc. Also, some registrars charge you if they receive snail mail (like serving of legal documents).