Domain worth

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone,

What do you think this domain is worth:

MediaBroker.net ?

Someone is selling and I'm not sure their price is fair.

The domain is selling for $150. I also think it's worth is overvalued. Plus, I kind of looking into other domain name anyway.

Sorry, I am asking so many questions about domains however I am curious (as stated in many posts) however if it is a .net domain the value of the domain drops? What about .cc/.tv/biz etc?

That IS true - the .NET is less valuable than .COM, however, in some cases, .NET is prefered, like when you offer active services.

If I were to run a school registration web site, I would prefer registrations.net to registrations.com because of two different ideas.

As for .cc, .tv, .info and .biz, etc, their value is very low. There are currently plenty, and I mean PLENTY of beautiful one-word .info names for sale right now for quite cheap (under $50). Nobody wants them though. .INFO won't work for at least next 5 years. And then new extensions could be introduced...

I, for one, made a mistake recently registering tennis.chat and tennis.club domains at new.net services. As I found out later, they work only within the New.net environment - those who downloaded a plug-in or use certain ISP to connect to the Internet. Everyone else can't access it. That's why the names were available. Plus, too expensive. I see no future there whatsoever, unless they'll make them universe.

Hope this helps,

Thank you so much. That has helped me alot.

So, why are they introducing new extentions and removing old ones. Also why are .cc .tv etc domains more expensive than a normal .com?

So if I registered (examples) hosting.com and hosting.info which would be worth more?

Okay, granted this thread is several months old, but there are still a couple of unanswered questions lingering so I'm going to jump in....

CS_Jonathan, while new extensions seem to come out of the woodwork every day, I'm not aware of any that have been removed.

Regarding the registration fees, many of the higher priced ones such as .tv (Tuvalu) and .bz (Belize) are country code extensions and the prices are set by each individual country. Island and other small nations (such as Tuvalu and Belize) can generate a fair portion of their revenue by charging a higher fee for domain registration.

And I think you'll find that almost without fail, given the same name a .com will bring a much higher price than the .info will.