Domain name registration

ana123

Any idea about how we can register domain names the cheapest way?
Also, can you let me know how much and where?
Thanks!

Well, I think GoDaddy seems to be cheap. Have a look on them. As wherever you will registered all are going to provide the same service.

Stay away from godaddy.

I like name.com

The last coupon they had i think is still valid and is MARCH825 for 8.25 .com/.net

No matter which registrar you choose, the cheapest way to purchase is in bulk. The more domains you buy, the cheaper they will be.

Why? Go Daddy is definitely not the best web hosting, but it's a great registrar selling the cheapest domain names. Find Go Daddy coupons available on the net to save even more.

Initially, the price is good or even great with a coupon code, but the charge for renewal is where they get you. :agree:

Ha, that's what I have never experienced. I registered my domain name for three years and now have yet to be two years. Thanks for the heads up though. :)

Initially, the price is good or even great with a coupon code, but the charge for renewal is where they get you. :agree:

How do they "get you"?

Renewal has always been the same as the registration price for me with Godaddy.
Has your experience been different?

Homework and homework.

Learn what is to be learned from Wikipedia here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_name_registrar

Then go to the discussion in this community here:

http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/domain-name-issues/22233-best-registrar.html

Excuse me for being blunt, but that's what you've got to do to make an informed decision that fits your needs. You know what your needs are better than anyone else, so the rest is just studying.

And to answer one question I saw earlier about how you can be "got" -- it's called administrative rights. You might be able to prove ownership, but if you don't have the administrative tools readily available, you can be got.

Or to put that in another way, you want to not only be registered as the owner, but also be the administrative and technical point of contact. At least I think that's the way it works and if I am wrong I will be very appreciative of advice. Education is a great thing, so I am happy to be educated.

GoDaddy is great and hundreds of thousands of people are using their services but this does not mean they are the only choice over the net. For example, a lot of webmasters have been using Enom with great satisfaction, their prices could be very low if you find some resellers and then buy addresses from them. Nearly all the ICANN accredited companies are great from custom satisfaction and price perspectives.

I have two Godaddy registered personal domains and haven't had any issues so far. I'd definitely recommend them. You will probably find that their order form is quite cluttered indeed with loads of addons being offered, mostly stuff you do not need and that makes it look a little too complicated. But if you stay focused, you'll find that the process is pretty straightforward.

And yes, definitely search for coupons because you're likely to find one which allows you register one domain for a few cents only. Renewal would cost the listed price of course.

Any idea about how we can register domain names the cheapest way?
Also, can you let me know how much and where?
Thanks!

There are lots of ways of getting your domain name. In addition to some of those already mentioned, I think Yahoo! also offers an excellent registration and hosting service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CathyC347