Do you think using a certain billing panel can put people of purchasing?

Nueavehost

So I thought I'd ask the question weather anyone thought that having a certain billing portal can put people of purchasing from your website? Say like if you use Clientexec instead of whmcs do you think people can be put off by you not using what is the normal?

Thought id ask the question in case anyone has had the experience using both and seen a difference.
Or weather any customers here that buy products from webhosting company have chosen a host over their billing panel?

A billing software is the last thing I look at as a customer. As long as it processes payments and offers a way to submit a support ticket, I say use any software that satisfies your needs and aesthetic taste.

As a client, I would never judge a company for the billing software it uses, as long as it is a professional and a secure product.

I don't know why I as a customer would even consider what my provider is using for their billing system. How they interact with me and the services they offer is my prime consideration.

The only time I"ve seen a billing system put people off is when it's not usable. Similar to any checkout procedure, if it's not user-friendly and easy to use, you will lose a customer over it.

I had over $1000 in a cart during Cyber Monday for a client, but when I got to the checkout, the shipping calculator refused to work and kept showing no shipping option available (no matter what address I typed). I ended up going to Amazon and ordering the same items. Sucks for the owner of the site that they hadn't fully tested their checkout procedure.

Actual billing software shouldn't matter to the client, the control panels and features they get in hosting WILL, but the billing itself generally doesn't matter.

I had over $1000 in a cart during Cyber Monday for a client, but when I got to the checkout, the shipping calculator refused to work and kept showing no shipping option available (no matter what address I typed). I ended up going to Amazon and ordering the same items. Sucks for the owner of the site that they hadn't fully tested their checkout procedure.
One of the prime reasons for this is when site owners will update their site scripts without making sure the shipping/billing modules are compatible with the updated script.

Thanks for all your replies. I understand where all of you are coming from. I ended up going back to WHMCS afterwards as I feel maybe WHMCS is more user friendly when it comes to the admin side and client side too. Comparing WHMCS to Clientexec, WHMCS has more flexibility and it has different currency's that can be easily changed and updated to but Clientexec didn't and that was a big one for me as I want to deal with more than one currency.

Think it all comes down to ease of use doesn't it. And obviously the billing panel working too as bigredseo said.