Discuss out your main issues

bandboy

This thread is to discuss out main problems faced by resellers and their possible solutions?

Is it the support that becomes a problem or is it lack of funds? What are the main problems you face as a reseller?

If lack of funds is the main problem as a reseller then it's time to get a job.
Just because someone is a reseller doesn't mean they are not operating a legitimate business and are accountable to a client.

If someone doesn't have enough funds to cover business expenses and startup costs then they shouldn't be toying with other peoples' websites and livlihood.

That is not to say that you cannot begin as a reseller on a limited budget.
The absolute main issue when you start out on a low budget is "sweat equity". In other words you better be prepared to put 20 hours a day into getting your business off the ground.

Yeah, we all understand that but this thread is to encourage resellers to come up with problems they face regularly, howsoever big or small it may be.

I think one of the problems resellers may face is security. You can almost fully control how much time, or money, you put into a business, as well as customer service levels to provide your customers. However, many of our customers that come to us have come from web host who didnt have the proper security, exploits were ran and websites defaced, etc. Not having full control over there server is something that limits how much of a reliable service they can really host. You can only be as good as the man infront of you, and many of the resellers out there face this problem on a daily basis. It's something that may seem far fetched, however, one of the primary problems I have seen many resellers face in the hosting community.
James

Yeah, i understand. This infact is one of the major problems faced and only solution available is to resell hosting from a good, secure host. Though such hosts have expensive reseller packages but atleast you can be sure of security issues being handled well, if so they arise. In nutshell, you get what you pay for.