Did I miss WebHostingTalk getting sold?

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know who the owner of WebHostingTalk is? I thought it was Penton/Informa or one of those companies... but suddenly I don't see a single mention of either in the footer or anywhere else on the forum.

Good catch. I wonder why they waltzed away from mentioning their brand on the site though. The rumour I heard was that WHT went back into private hands.

I heard by friend tell me that LiquidWeb owner owned WHT for a while and they sold it now I think about a year ago.

Last edited:
It has mentioned that "Hosting By: Liquid Web [Logo]".
That's just part of marketing. Liquid Web hosts the site in exchange for a link back. Similarly how on HostingDiscussion home page's footer you can see "Hosted by IO Zoom" link.

As you can see their LinkedIn page. I think they were acquired by a Canada-based company.

However, they do not want to disclose any details.

As you can see their LinkedIn page. I think they were acquired by a Canada-based company.
Please link us up.

PS: If you are talking about WebHostingTalk's about us page on LinkedIn (that mentions Toronto, Canada), then this may be very old information. Unless you saw a recent post about it.

Last edited:
Please link us up.

PS: If you are talking about WebHostingTalk's about us page on LinkedIn (that mentions Toronto, Canada), then this may be very old information. Unless you saw a recent post about it.

You're right, However, they're still using the same Toronto address listed on their LinkedIn page in their recent newsletter emails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zentekinfosoft