Demand for reseller hosting

mxnhost

Howdy,

Just wanted to know if there's a demand for reseller hosting? I would like to know people's thoughts before resurrect or adding such a service to the pipeline.

I would imagine after the cPanel spike in pricing that it's still a thing?

We find that there is definitely a demand for reseller hosting. We've seen an uptake as people migrate away from cPanel.

I'm not sure that Reseller hosting is actually being sold to actual "resellers" so much as designers, who are "throwing in the hosting".

I must say this is something I prefer, as they usually have the skills to keep their sites maintained, whilst genuine resellers often have customers who don't patch or upgrade for months or even years. (Thank goodness for automation).

whilst genuine resellers often have customers who don't patch or upgrade for months or even years. (Thank goodness for automation).

I agree, when i was hosting the amount of clients that never upgraded software like wordpress.

Reminders had no effect, It would take me messaging clients saying

1) You can use the auto update feature in your Softaculous.
2) You can get me to update these at £10 per software.
3) You can not update your software and if this causes an issue with the server then i will charge you the full cost to clean the server which can be anything upto £1000.

It was amazing to see how many clients suddenly chose option 1

I haven't seen much of an uptick. Much of my clients are clients that I do websites for. But I charge extra for the hosting :)

What I have found is an incredible amount of competition. Only the strongest survive.

I haven't seen much of an uptick. Much of my clients are clients that I do websites for. But I charge extra for the hosting :)

What I have found is an incredible amount of competition. Only the strongest survive.

These days it is all about people having disposable income, so if you are going to pay $1/£1 a mth for shared hosting or $3/£3 a mth for reseller hosting then most will chose reseller hosting as its a way for them to generate extra income.

But what us genuine hard working hosts have to compete with is the so called Kiddie hosts on ebay with the $2 a year unlimited everything reseller plans and people whom are not savvy will just see the $2 a year and then when that host hits an issue they just vanish without a trace as they dont know how to fix issues with all their clients websites and files.

we then just need to be around to pick up then pieces when these clients come to use moaning about their experiences and the fact they lost all their files and websites.

so yes their is a market for reseller plans if run correctly

Always, and probably even more since the price increases of cPanel it will be an all out price war for businesses offering it.

Who can offer the best for the cheapest tag.

Always, and probably even more since the price increases of cPanel it will be an all out price war for businesses offering it.

Who can offer the best for the cheapest tag.

if a reseller is using cpanel then they have to pay the increase, so it will make no difference as a reseller would have to increase their prices to cover the cpanel increase

Reseller hosting can be really great and profitable for the following reasons:

1. The main provider isn't white glove - they only provide you with the server and you have to do all the configurations yourself.
2. They specialize in making websites, or hosting games, etc.
3. They are a smaller company that can cater to their fewer customers faster.

Some disadvantages
1. If there is a problem with the hardware, they would need to make a support request on your behalf and this can significantly delay the response time
2. It's going to be more expensive as they need to make a profit.

In my experience with my company reseller hosting is very popular because it can be very specialized.

Howdy,

Just wanted to know if there's a demand for reseller hosting? I would like to know people's thoughts before resurrect or adding such a service to the pipeline.

I would imagine after the cPanel spike in pricing that it's still a thing?

Well, reseller hosting is a profitable business to do if you have your own server either VPS or Dedicated server. But as a beginner, i will advise you to start with a VPS server from a reliable provider and you must control your prices. If your prices are too low just because you want to gain customers you will end up not be able to pay for the server not to talk about making a profit and your server storage will fill up with junks.

Well, reseller hosting is a profitable business to do if you have your own server either VPS or Dedicated server. But as a beginner, i will advise you to start with a VPS server from a reliable provider and you must control your prices. If your prices are too low just because you want to gain customers you will end up not be able to pay for the server not to talk about making a profit and your server storage will fill up with junks.

I would say if you are starting out then a reseller account is the way to go, so you can built up a client base and a reputation and once to have a soldi clientbase and enough to cover the cost of a VPS and still provide a profit then upgrade to a VPS.

There is a gap in the market for sure, but if you can't compete with the big boys who give whmcs free with their plans, you will need to find another way to infiltrate the market.

Reseller hosting is useful only to clients who have limited clientele and do not have a wide horizon. They have limited support and technical knowledge and therefore cannot compete with big hosts. Generally this marked will always exist and becoming a reseller is one way to learn the ropes of the industry. However you must offer solid support to resellers with custom branding. It does not take much for a reseller to lose few clients and wind up his business.

If cPanel increase the price you better change to plesk panel.
Always the reseller hosting has a market because all small and budding webhost will buy.

If cPanel increase the price you better change to plesk panel.
Always the reseller hosting has a market because all small and budding webhost will buy.

You can still offer reseller hosting using cPanel, but the days of cheap cPanel hosting are all but gone as you need to adjust your pricing as if you are paying for the higher price plan

Not all small webhosts will buy reseller plans as you can get VPS just as cheap as reseller plans

There is always a demand for reseller hosting. We sold a number of reseller plans every month. Reseller hosting are great for web designing companies that don't have the skill and time to manage their own servers.

You can still offer reseller hosting using cPanel, but the days of cheap cPanel hosting are all but gone as you need to adjust your pricing as if you are paying for the higher price plan

Not all small webhosts will buy reseller plans as you can get VPS just as cheap as reseller plans

Reseller hosting is best than vps.
No need to worry about setup, its plug and play.
Bandwidth is also a issue in vps.

Most of web design and web development companies ask for reseller hosting plans and they also require support, nowadays huge requirement of linux reseller hosting plans in India

Hosting is still in demand and I think it will be more in demand in the future so whatever the type of hosting is, it is in demand

But yes, we agree that the competition in the web hosting industry has increased as has its popularity.

Hosting is still in demand and I think it will be more in demand in the future so whatever the type of hosting is, it is in demand

But yes, we agree that the competition in the web hosting industry has increased as has its popularity.
yes as technology moves forward and more smaller business move to an online presence, demand will increase.

I don't think the increase in competition is down to popularity, it is more like the current cost of living issues and people think web hosting is a get-rich-quick business with all needed is a PC/Laptop, internet connection, and a cheap reseller account.
How many of these will still be around in 6 months' time?

Reseller hosting will always have a demand. As for panel pricing going up, ultimately it affects the market evenly so the playing field is the same with the difference of resellers having pressure to to increase prices across the board.