Dedicated Server For Hosting . Or Vps

Why do you think it is not such a good idea ?

My idea is to use this server that has a good memory and disk.

to have several services.

HOSTING
MAIL SERVER
BACKUP SERVER

But not if this would be good, or use my server for hosting service.

My idea is to use this server that has a good memory and disk.

to have several services.

HOSTING
MAIL SERVER
BACKUP SERVER

But not if this would be good, or use my server for hosting service.

Hosting services on a VPS does not mean you will have poor performances.
There is a slight difference with a dedi because (simple explanation incoming) hypervisor will eat some ressources, but all advantages listed before are still valid. Just do not overload the VPS and it will be fine.

Hi,

The server, may be VPS or a dedicated, performance depends on what it is hosting. If it is resource intensive application, then even dedicated server will cause performance issues, so I guess you go to study what applications will be hosted.

If I would have to make a decision on this, I will rather go with a VPS initially, analyse, and then decide if dedicated server is needed.

Now, VPS on a platform like Xen, KVM do not share resources allocated to them like the OpenVZ does, so if you are planning for a good VPS and want to own all of its resources, go for VPS on a KVM or a Xen. There are more platforms available but that will can be a bit expensive compared to Xen and KVM.

Now a day many people are using vps because its cheaper then dedi some place they are available for free like mine site. btw customers choose reliable and cheap things first so ill go for vps.

If you're just starting, i would also say that it's better to choose VPS instead of dedicated server (at least for now).