Dedicated Server For Hosting . Or Vps

Hello.

I would suggest you to go with VPS first. For dedicated server it will cost you more. cPanel license for dedicated server will cost you $30+ and for vps it will cost you $15+. Like this there is difference between vps and dedicated server licenses.

Once you gain enough customer , purchase dedicated server and migrate all to dedicated server. You can tell them that we are doing migration to provide more better service.

If you already have a customer base and can afford a dedicated server, then that would be a good choice. However, if you are starting out, a vps would be fine.

Depends upon the website/service requirements. Personally, I would like to split my DB and Website between two powerful VPS's with of course internal private networking.

Hi

Are you planning to give shared and reseller hosting ? or planning to sell servers like dedicated and VPS ? If you are starting a complete hosting company, then better start with providing vps and dedicated servers as you can provide them from some other reselling like dedicated server from some dc and VPS from some huge cloud vps provider. Once you do enough marketing and start a shared and reselling hosting as these 2 you might need to get a dedicated server of high confiuration which can cost you a lot and with no customer base this will be a complete lose for you.

If you just wish to start in a small scale shared and reselling hosting, then get a reseller hosting from some good provider as choosing the right provider and support matters a lot.

In Hosting business Good Quality Support is equally important as having good Infrastructure.

So do a market research, then only take a decision on how and which way you should get started which will take only less investment as you cant expect quick profit for this as the competition is that large

Do becareful on your cash flow if you target dedicated server hosting. Imagine one server need few months to take back the cost, impossible you sell one server in few months. but if you sell many units of server in a month, you have to pump out a lot of capital as well.

What would be the best choice to provide hosting.
A dedicated server. Or a Vps
This is too broad of a question, valvps. What type of hosting? Best price to spec ratio? Best return on investment? Easiest to manage? A little more info on your end goal would help.

I was thinking about this:

For example I have basic plans

standars plans

and business plans.

My idea would be to have 3 VPS, and divide my clients reffering

VPS, why ? Because even if a dedi is better regarding performance, it will cost you more time, more money, and you will have less tools to work on.

I am not making VPS apolgy i am just aguing that if you're asking the question you should go for a vps.

There is only one problem, you will share ressources with other customers.
To prevent this situation you could ask for a private host but we go agin into investment issue. But following your last reply that could be a god idea.

VPS, why ? Because even if a dedi is better regarding performance, it will cost you more time, more money, and you will have less tools to work on.

I am not making VPS apolgy i am just aguing that if you're asking the question you should go for a vps.

There is only one problem, you will share ressources with other customers.
To prevent this situation you could ask for a private host but we go agin into investment issue. But following your last reply that could be a god idea.

Thanks

My idea is to use the server only for my clients,

Server is that we currently

Dual Intel XEON E5-2603
128GB DDR3
4X 2TB SSD RAID 10

And we were thinking Divide into 4 VPS Hosting Plans Our 03 for and one that is for our mail server.

Not such a good idea that is this.

The type of server depends on what you will use it, if you tell us what are your specifications ,we could suggest which one will work better for you.

Thanks,

Nely

Thanks

My idea is to use the server only for my clients,

Server is that we currently

Dual Intel XEON E5-2603
128GB DDR3
4X 2TB SSD RAID 10

And we were thinking Divide into 4 VPS Hosting Plans Our 03 for and one that is for our mail server.

Not such a good idea that is this.

Why do you think it is not such a good idea ?