DDoS Protection

HostColor

Hi,

We have recently had to deal with some large scale DDoS attacks in our European infrastructure. We have eventually setup a quite sophisticated DDoS mitigation solution that protects our network on a Layer 3/4 level. The reason to open this thread is to ask fellow web hosting providers what kind of DDoS Protection do they use and to discuss different solutions. At the same time I'm interested to listen to different ISVs do they need DDoS mitigation services and what kind of DDoS protection they'd like to have.

It would be interesting to see what companies are using for their DDoS protection itself and how their mitigation solution works.
I've noticed a lot of different providers are now offering this service. We have been working on something in house for protection however there has been a lot of trial and error with it.

There's no doubt that DDoS attacks are dramatically increasing. We're still working on sorting out which solutions work best here.

I have a lot of problems with DDoS attacks, I have many gameserver and they were the target of the attack, we found a temporary solution and that is Voxility protection, I would think that you get this protection solve your problems for veh hosting this protection is excellent. For GameServeri not exactly. We are working on DOS Guard protection is abnormally strong

I have a lot of problems with DDoS attacks, I have many gameserver and they were the target of the attack, we found a temporary solution and that is Voxility protection, I would think that you get this protection solve your problems for veh hosting this protection is excellent. For GameServeri not exactly. We are working on DOS Guard protection is abnormally strong
That's interesting because my laptop Malwarebytes is blocking the Voxility site.

If you are having your own network and IP address, you can get the scrubber from arbor networks and perform the mitigations. However, in order to mitigate the DDOS attack, you will need to have a large backbone/pipe or else you may need to consider to work together with data center or ISP that having large backbone so it can configure to route the traffic to the large backbone, perform the mitigation and forward back the clean traffic to your server, normally we called it clean pipe. Cheers!

Some internet providers for additional price use their arbor machine to filter application DDos coming. In that case approximately 3/4 of attacks can be prevented. I am not able to describe the process specifically in IT terms, but the case is about that:)

Last edited:
Fortunately, as DDoS attack frequency and strength of attacks are on the rise, so are mitigation methods. Lots of great solutions of there now. Going for a combination of in-house and remote scrubbing seems to provide the lowest latency.

How large is the attack you're experiencing? DDoS Protection on Dedicated Servers can be a pain for sure but if it's less than 5 Gbps, there's a bunch of ways to mitigate it without a big price tag.