Data Centre Development [Mexico] Suggestions!

HostingAbove

Hello,

Hope every had a marvellous weekend and we are needing some of your suggestions and opinions on a future project we hope to complete in the near future.

Currently I'm vacationing in Cancun, Mexico and was just curious on what your opinions would be if we were to open a data centre in either Cancun, or possibly Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Both are on opposite sides of the country, but the whole reasoning for my thinking is because today we were wandering around a very Americanized mall and a real estate company was selling two story room homes w/ 3 bathroom, 4 bedrooms for only 85K BRAND NEW.

I also know that both power, labour, land, and basically everything in Mexico is quite cheap. I have no idea how the internet routes are, as we would most likely have to run lines down from the US (Level 3, Cognet, etc).

Anyways, what's your thoughts? - Of course it's more of a dream right now than anything but if we see the demand we would be more than willing to look into making it happen.

Thank you and we can't wait for your replies.

- Tanner

A datacenter in Mexico would be awesome! Sounds like you have planned your dream very well! Since it's not in the US, this would be an offshore datacenter which is very good. If you build this datacenter, you should give me a free dedi. ;)

It seems like a great idea, I haven't seen a datacenter in Mexico to be perfectly honest, but you should reasearch the peerings (Level3, Cogent, nLayer) etc. As long as it is feasible then, I'd say go full speed ahead.

@HostingPad Onshore datacenters aren't limited to the United States.

Thanks you two for checking the thread out... I'm still looking into it and anyone else who has suggestions please do chime in.

- Tanner

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zentekinfosoft