daily charges

shockym

For those who do not have everything when it comes to billing automated, who is the person that runs all charges each day to make sure recurring charges are being hit? We almost always miss a day here/there when it happens around the holidays and I am thinking maybe we should go the full auto route.

I strongly recommend Full Auto. I have a personal trainer who owns a gym (www.eptsomaha.com) and for several years they just manually run the credit cards themselves. It would take several hours to complete (as each trainer ran different cards etc) - and like yourself, sometimes they'd be too busy and not run it for a day or two, or a week or two. This creates frustration not only for the trainer, but also the client as they expect to be billed on "X" day.

For my wife's SEO company, while she could run manual each month, she too went the automated route. It's just one less thing to think about.

Going one step further. My employees are paid for 40 hours each week automatically. While they still submit timesheets etc and I can adjust the hours up or down, by default they're set to pay out at 40 hours so that if for some reason something happens and I don't get in to edit things, they are sure to still be paid.

As for who would be in charge, you really need two people involved, and preferably not the other person that's going on vacation with you :) Both being out of country at the same time never helps!

Automation is the recommended path whenever possible. Any time you can automate any specific task that is redundant, then you're freeing yourself up to do other things --- not free time, that never happens! ;)

If you are doing daily billing you have to fully automated. Pick from any number of billing systems available to you and make the plunge. You could even use your credit card gateway auto bill feature if you wanted. You will not regret the decision.

I just hate the idea of missing a bill that is due and then a client gets upset over it. I am not sure how anyone could really rely on only manual billing, could you imagine the possible lost of clients? :(

Doing anything manual sucks. It takes time, work and can get workers confused if who ever doing the manual stuff is sick one day.

Don't get me wrong having things run by them selves is a great idea but it can cause damage if its not being watched or check on here and there. Because sins its doing it by its self how will it know when to stop or whats the limit?

To go auto you need to make sure that script or what ever your going to use is good and has good feedback. you dont want to use something that dose something automatic and can mess your system up.

Doing anything manual sucks. It takes time, work and can get workers confused if who ever doing the manual stuff is sick one day.

Don't get me wrong having things run by them selves is a great idea but it can cause damage if its not being watched or check on here and there.

so basically what i can gather from you is that dont do things manually and dont place things on auto.

please explain how we are to do things then?

I think its a little of both, either you need someone that you can depend on (or a team) that can keep an eye on the system or you need a miracle. Nothing is perfect, humans have errors and so do machines (or scripts in this case), correct?

You have to do a little of both, but automation is the way to go. Now and then you should be doing audits, but you must automate things and be more efficient.

- Daniel :)

Remember!
Automation never lies!
Make it automatically capture payments from Credit/Debit Cards.
For those who are not happy with recurring billing, the story is simple..
Suspend them if they fail to arrange payment on time.

Just add customer service to automation that is if a credit card declines, call the client before sending suspension notice or suspending the account itself.

This will save your time with automation and add human touch to accounting service.

Just add customer service to automation that is if a credit card declines, call the client before sending suspension notice or suspending the account itself.

This will save your time with automation and add human touch to accounting service.

a while ago, I read somewhere online about a WHMCS module enabling full automation and automatic RoboCalls! Payments could be also caputred through phone