cPanel price increase (Dec 2022)

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
cPanel says a price increase is coming in December 2022.

I don't know how many will switch to Plesk, DirectAdmin or anything else as a result of this price increase, or whether the increase is significant enough to worry about it, but it'd interesting to monitor the changes.

"We understand the material impact that these changes have on your business. We are continually researching to determine ways in which we can strengthen our partnership while also helping you grow your business. One of these initiatives is the introduction of an incentive program. To be among the first to know about this program, click here to sign up and stay informed.

Throughout 2022, we successfully launched a more modern interface, as well as NGINX caching, and support for Ubuntu, with additional OS support (including Rocky Linux) is underway. We remain vigilant in our security protocols as we combat and mitigate issues stemming from malicious threats.

Moving into 2023, some of the exciting features on the horizon include Team Manager, which empowers cPanel account owners to safely and securely delegate management of various aspects of account management (site development, database management, email administration, etc.) to other members of their team without sharing login credentials. We are also creating a new product to facilitate horizontal website scaling, with a special focus on WordPress-powered sites. With our upcoming product, your customers' websites will be able to withstand sudden increases in demand with failover benefits.

We would also like to take this opportunity to encourage you to become a cPanel certified partner, if you have not done so already. While all partners receive tier discounts, our certified partners enjoy not only an additional discount but also ultra-priority technical support. This enables the greatest value available as a partner. We encourage you to visit cpanel.net/partners/#certified today to get started.

For additional information regarding this pricing adjustment, please visit our FAQ and License Guide. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact your account manager or reply directly to this email and we'll be happy to assist you.

Your cPanel Team"

Plesk and cPanel are both owned by WebPros, and Plesk announced a price increase at about the same time as cPanel.

I think DirectAdmin might pick up quite a lot of business, as they do every time that there is a cPanel price rise, but clearly it isn't a big enough loss to bother the management over at cPanel or they wouldn't keep on doing it.

There are quite a few other options out there for anyone wanting to jump ship from cPanel/Plesk, both open source and commercial. Some of them are truly awful and some are actually pretty good.

Enhance is one of the most interesting ones to pop up recently, it's commercial but has a slightly different pricing model than cPanel or DirectAdmin, it makes multi-server setups much cheaper.

I understand that the cost of running a business has been rising (just about everywhere), but this screams to me that the customer base is not growing for cPanel. So, of course, I think they are trying to squeeze every last drop out of their base to offset the loss of growth. I get the same feeling from WHMCS, and it's no surprise that the same company owns all these assets.

🤷‍♂️

Hey guys

I've seen some providers still selling cPanel licenses for a lot cheaper than the normal cPanel pricing. Are these providers legit and the licenses or are they fake/scam's?

We currently pay £44 a month for a client and just looking around to see if we can provide the cPanel license a bit cheaper for them? Concerned with the upcoming price increase yet again and rather not have to pass on further costs.
We use directadmin for our servers but I can appreciate not everyone wants to switch platform.

Alec

Hey guys

I've seen some providers still selling cPanel licenses for a lot cheaper than the normal cPanel pricing. Are these providers legit and the licenses or are they fake/scam's?

We currently pay £44 a month for a client and just looking around to see if we can provide the cPanel license a bit cheaper for them? Concerned with the upcoming price increase yet again and rather not have to pass on further costs.
We use directadmin for our servers but I can appreciate not everyone wants to switch platform.

Alec
some providers will subsidise cPanel licence costs if you are hosting with them

It is only a matter of time till Plesk and WHMCS increase their prices too. Owned by the same company.

The UI of cPanel is very nice. Feature wise there is no alternative of cPanel.

We need to make two separate plans. Increase the price of your cPanel hosting whenever cPanel increases the cost. 😀

cPanel is definitely overpriced, but they are the veterans in Linux server management and no other control panel does it better. However, my go to alternative to cPanel would be DirectAdmin.