Company Name

To be Honest with you.... the first name you pick is normally already taken.

We ended up trying to think of about 20 names that we though were good names... out of those 20 there were maybe 7 that were available. We just chose Vovex because is short and doesnt having anything like "hosting" or "host in the name. We wanted to pick a name that we could use locally for repairs, computer building etc... so we picked Vovex Technology.

<< Where and how did you come up with your hosting companies name? >>

Very very long story. :D
Well, to make a long story very short - I came up with my company name, at my home, and also talked it over with some solicitors after, and they thought it was a very good idea.
My company name is Acsiak. The ACS comes from my initials - very long complicated name. :D
While IAK are the last three letters of my surname. Plus yes, it was available first time. ;)

<< To be Honest with you.... the first name you pick is normally already taken. >>

Not always, there are - plenty of times - special cases. ;)
However, a lot of times are you right - yet thankfully each time I chose a name it was always available... in the end I just had to choose one from the list.

<< We wanted to pick a name that we could use locally for repairs, computer building etc... so we picked Vovex Technology. >>

Very nice. Your name does have a very nice ring to it.

<< Where and how did you come up with your hosting companies name? >>

There are also solicitors who deal specifically in this area, same as some consultancy companies deal in this area. There are many, many, places whom are willing to help you find the right name for you which can bring you the best business, but for a nice hefty fee too, of course. ;)

I did mine to mainly give people a place that they could have a totally custom package for their hosting.
Also have predefined packages available though just incase people dont know exactly what they would want, sometimes people just want a predefined package which is already setup and worked out.

Everything will be changing pretty soon for my side of things though ;)

Just incase anyone doesnt know my website address its to do with "Custom" ;)

John

PS. Vovex, really like that name, it does have a good ring to it like Anjay said

Yeah.. my old name PierHosting.com was Pier for the town I live in, Whitney Pier and Hosting for what I did.. but I don't know how they came up with TheHostBusters.. probably Ghost Busters.. who knows :p