choosing a reseller account

Better pay little bit more and get reliable hosting provider, then just choosing cheap solution.
You starting reselling - offering great quality services - So the provided service quality must meet with 100% and customer needs, and this is impossible to achieve if you have bad business partner (hosting supplier).

Mainly uptime, what their supports like, whether their servers are reliable and pretty fast or not etc.

Just generally make sure the company is reliable, have a good uptime good support and also have some sort of money back guarantee.

No overselling is crucial for server stability and uptime, therefore unrealistic and multi-layer plans (alpha, master,...) are a definite no-go.

multi-layer plans (alpha, master,...) are a definite no-go.

how mosts host have unreliable services with these is that they leave it open to how many accounts a MR or AR are allocated.

you can run a server with MR accounts and still have a reliable and an undersold server. you just need to know how to configure the accounts correctly and only allow MRs a certain amount of Reseller and shared accounts with limits on space and b/w.

Reselling is really about making profits from buying a hosting account. You should ideally look at what goodies plus service quality you get from the account. Most good hosts give out a billing system, reseller templates and lots of white labelled stuff which help indeed in running a reselling business.

you should also ask about the server s security
its very important
and if there is no a security team it may couse big troubles ;)

As my view:
24x7 Hours of technical support (or if possible then sales support) by reseller to you.
Uptime : 99% +
Technology : What the servers or hardware they are using .

I agree with othellotech.

Why would I support my resellers customers directly? If they want all the good stuff, they need to come direct.

I will help a reseller who has a problem and can't work it out for themselves, but any reseller who reveals who they host with or that they are indeed a reseller, risks losing their customers.

Anyway my servers are all white-labelled, so the resellers customers would not be able to work out where they are hosted.

For people who want to make money for nothing, we, and many other hosts provide an affiliate programs, so you get paid for directing a paying customer to us.

Depends. But as a rule of thumb, your host must be able to reply your questions accurately and on time. Because it can involve quite a number of parties here. Imagine if you have a reseller too (if you have a master reseller account) that have a reseller ask his uplink a technical question. This reseller then forward the mail to you. You then have to forward the mail to your host. If they're not able to provide a 5 minute response time then I'd say you have a great chance of getting an angry customer.

Another thing is uptime. Server uptime is abnormal if it falls below 99.89% consistently every month. If it does, I would suggest you to kindly ask your host to swap between servers they currently house. If problem persists then you know what to do.

In business, always look for quality. In this hosting industry, you know as a matter of fact that reselling is enabled. Don't complain about low resource as a startup. Because you must remember, not all customers use all the resources. Customers often have their allocated resources & stay idle in the first few months before they actually starting to use them all. You just have to know what your clients use the resources for to control your overselling flow. Observe and list all things and do it right.

Check their support level, server quality, server location, Free offers like WHMCS, softwares included and supported, etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansrtch