Centos 7 versus Centos 6x

vegas

Account Disabled
Doesnt it feel great to be alive,isnt it exciting ?.,What do you think guys about Centos 7?

For the ones who have already tried it please dont go without leaving ur impressions from it and if you know how to upgrade from centos 6.4 please write it down.

Centos 7 has some radical changes implemented into it. Centos 7 is now a systemd-based OS, which means service management in Centos 7 is no longer done by the traditional /etc/init.d scripts. Additional process handling is a bit different in Centos 7. So for sysadmins handling centos and its services is going to be a bit different, however so far we had seen it as a stable OS .

We've recently added centos7 templates to our VPS lines, but we're not getting many takers at the moment.
The systemctl is very different to previous versions, and there is almost no support from hosting control panels yet.

And what you wanted men ,some flowers,or did you expect kloxo to bring support to centos 7?

so simplified the installation of Centos 7, they have changed the network configuration structure, it seems to me faster OS.

If someone brought out the fastest Linux yet, tomorrow, then until CPanel, DirectAdmin, ISPConfig,etc support this, then they are not much use.

That's what Terry is saying.

Unless you offer absolute compatability like Centos to Redhat with a supported OS.
But if you did, it would be unlikely that you are faster.

its not the case of control panels supporting this, but scripts like Wordpress, Drupal etc. dont yet have a version that will work with CentOS 7.

WHMCS and CE also wont work with CentOS 7 as yet

It depends darling ,have you heard that the beauty is in the eye of the beholder?

Well honey with centos or LINUX is as much as the same,it all
depends on the ability of the player,I believe so the muscle of engineering can make up for everything including money,panels,scripts,investments and time.

What happens is there is engineers working on Directadmin
that are capable,but they go square by square so certainly it takes them a load of time.......
:)
.,to CaTcH oN

-L
--O
---V
----E

L I N U X

I prefer centos 7.

Reasons, please?

As for HostZealot - we do offer CentOS 6.x to our clients and use "yum update" command to get the latest stable working version, which is currently 6.6

Why not 7.x? because its architecture differs a lot from that of 6.x, which results in various issues with VPN access, Drupal performance issues, several glitches with hosting control panels like DirectAdmin, etc. We are eager to test it when it is honed and polished - yet currently we stick to 6.x for the sake of our customers' safety and convenience.

once again for those that dont understand

Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla and i guess many more are not yet fully compatible with CentOS 7.

This will cause many issues with clients who use these scripts.

If you look at many server providers you wont see many that offer CentOS 7 as a option

Hi,

With the release of RHEL 7 / CentOS 7, there has been some very major changes that have took place. Some of them are as follows:

1. Kernel: 3.10.0
2. Default JDK: OpenJDK-7.
3. Switched to systemd, firewalld and GRUB2
4. XFS as default file system
.. Many more

However, in webhosting industries, this has yet to be implemented successful as CentOS 6 was implemented in the early go due to the major changes and most of the webhosting control panel providers are still testing it.

CentOS 7, no doubt, comes with great features, but yet to accepted making my choice to be CentOS 6.6 at this moment.

I have upgrade CentOS 4 to 5 and 5 to 6, but yet to see how it goes with when it comes to upgrading it to 6 to 7.

Anyone tried it and having some details, please share..