Box Billing

webling

Has anyone used Box Billing? I'm trying to set up the free version but the installer isn't working on the page where I add the MySQL info.

their admin demo shows this

PDOException was thrown when trying to read the session data: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1142 INSERT command denied to user 'b245038821ad46'@'52.204.50.0' for table 'session'

Look for detailed error explanation

which is most likely whey their client demo is showing a 404 error

also their last facebook post was 22 July 2015 and they have never replied to any customer posts regarding many issues.

so it looks like

BOXBILLING IS DEAD

I decided not to use them. I still have a free one in my downloads that I have used in the past. It isn't the best but it isn't half bad, it's PHP coin but it hasn't been managed in some time now and the website doesn't even have any content on it. So I am working on other options as well. There is another free one I am going to try before installing PHPcoin. It's HopeBilling. So I'll see how that goes.

Because I'm making drastic cuts in my web hosting prices I am cutting my costs to barely anything. By getting a free web panel and billing software that will help a lot. I have another angle on the servers I am setting up. But that's besides the point. Nobody shares all their secrets, right?

I've actually shut my currently web hosting company down, full halt. But I have another web presense I am building. I won't reveal it until I have everything in place. Mostly, the reason I am doing this is because cPanel is gouging people that I want to do everything I can to level the playing field.

Also, as much as I really like WHMCS, I discontinued my license with them. I'm a one man band and I don't want to be a big company, I just want to pay my server costs and I'm good. I also want to bring the most affordable hosting with the best support anywhere. I do think I will make it happen and I've already got at least two websites on the new web hosting site that are doing great. More info later.

Last edited:
I decided not to use them. I still have a free one in my downloads that I have used in the past. It isn't the best but it isn't half bad, it's PHP coin but it hasn't been managed in some time now and the website doesn't even have any content on it. So I am working on other options as well. There is another free one I am going to try before installing PHPcoin. It's HopeBilling. So I'll see how that goes.

Because I'm making drastic cuts in my web hosting prices I am cutting my costs to barely anything. By getting a free web panel and billing software that will help a lot. I have another angle on the servers I am setting up. But that's besides the point. Nobody shares all their secrets, right?

I've actually shut my currently web hosting company down, full halt. But I have another web presense I am building. I won't reveal it until I have everything in place. Mostly, the reason I am doing this is because cPanel is gouging people that I want to do everything I can to level the playing field.

Also, as much as I really like WHMCS, I discontinued my license with them. I'm a one man band and I don't want to be a big company, I just want to pay my server costs and I'm good. I also want to bring the most affordable hosting with the best support anywhere. I do think I will make it happen and I've already got at least two websites on the new web hosting site that are doing great. More info later.
Hopebilling seems dead in then water as their demos show 'License Error 12;', so if they dont have a licence for their own demos what makes you think they will issues licences for their clients

Hopebilling seems dead in then water as their demos show 'License Error 12;', so if they dont have a licence for their own demos what makes you think they will issues licences for their clients

Doesn't matter. I installed it and I hated it anyway. I set the language to English and it still had a lot of Russian in it. I'm looking at some other free options. I could install PHPcoin but it's not intuitive at all and takes a long time to use it. I still have a copy of it if I need it as a last resort but I have other free scripts I'm looking at first.