Bounceweb Celebrates Nearly 10 Months of 100 Percent Uptime

View of the report:
http://www.webhostingstuff.com/uptime/Bounceweb.html

I can understand how your network can be reliable enough not to cause a lot of downtime (in this case the company says they've been down for only 3 minutes since November of last year, but I wonder how is it possible to keep the servers up to date without any downtime? Is it doable due to some data-balancing technology?

Once a server is setup and running smoothly only minor updates have to be made. The only noticable downtime would be a service restart or reboot and many time this can be done fast enough the monitoring service will not detect it. I am surprised this qualified as a NEWSWORTHY FOR W3REPORTS. If 10 months of 100% stats is worth of a press release maybe we should put out one as well. http://www.webhostingstuff.com/uptime/GalaxyHosts.html

The problem with those reports is that they monitor the availability of 1 domain. A company I worked for in the past shows up at 99.99% with zero downtime this year. I know this to be actually incorrect. It's not even correct for the domain that webhostingstuff.com is monitoring. It was 99.9%+ but not 100% for 2007. The other problem there is the frequency that the domain is monitored. If it's once per hour (which I believe it is for webhostingstuff) then I have a 59 minute window to reboot a server and it not show up on the downtime report.

Artashes, in answer to your question about uptime for updating servers... load balancing would be the way as you could plan to reboot 1 server while the other(s) are working away and then repeat through each of the servers.

The problem with those reports is that they monitor the availability of 1 domain. A company I worked for in the past shows up at 99.99% with zero downtime this year. I know this to be actually incorrect. It's not even correct for the domain that webhostingstuff.com is monitoring. It was 99.9%+ but not 100% for 2007.
You are correct, if client is on a different server the uptime could be different.
The other problem there is the frequency that the domain is monitored. If it's once per hour (which I believe it is for webhostingstuff) then I have a 59 minute window to reboot a server and it not show up on the downtime report.
I am pretty sure they actually monitor in 10 minute intervals. I will email Michael and ask him how often they check the domains.