Bing, Binging, Binged, Have Binged

Why did I feel an agitation of desperation? :)

Fighting against the ~40% that choose a search engine because they're used to it, and against the huge numbers that simply trust another brand, will be seriously hard. Essentially, they're faced with what their OS competitors are faced with, and maybe they can learn from those of them that have had some measure of success.

I quite like it so far, its not too bad at all. :shocked:

I have switched to using it by default in the firefox search box to see how it goes for normal usage over the next few weeks.

Now I'll have to hand in my linux badge for liking a msft product.. :crash:

I don't like it and it's no where near being real competition for Google. Way too slow, for one, and I didn't find the results to be particularly relevant. I don't like pre-populated search either as I think it's a pain.

Too slow? Are we looking at the same search engine - mine is lightning fast here.

Relevant? Do you have an example? Everything I just searched for was completely relevant.

I like Bing as it gives me a viable option for Google.

Fast here too. As for Ads, they're on the way ;) Searching for "web hosting" returned 250 million results. 4 ads at the top, 2 ads at the bottom, 5 ads on the right side. Looks awful similar to google :)

I wish they would have kept the main page clean like Google did. Remember Cuil.com? They didn't hang around too long - will be interested to see what bing does.

I'll have to get my money into Microsoft soon so I can start serving ads ;)

I think I will be poking more around with this later and I can not figure it out, but for some reason anytime Steve Ballmer talks my mind wonders. I have no idea where it goes but I never stay on topic. :)