Billing systems

HelpHost

What is the best billing system to use? I've recently bought Lpanel, CE, WHMAP. I can't make my mind up.

Personally, I use ModernBill for some things and ClientExec for others. I use ModernBill for my shared hosting customers because it's more automated and has Kayako integration. But, my servers and script sales are all on ClientExec, because it is easier to use, and has better support for custom fields, etc. They both have their ups and their downs.

WHMAP for Shared Clients.
MB for dedicated servers and resellers.

Also have an owned ClientExec license too, just not in use at the moment.

cats-computing said:
WHMAP for Shared Clients.
MB for dedicated servers and resellers.

Also have an owned ClientExec license too, just not in use at the moment.
MB didn't work right for me for dedicated servers...so i ended up using CE

Modernbill for my hosting business and clientexec for other projects and for my resellers. I think Clientexec is coming along just fine but still has a ways to go before I would use it for my main hosting business.

Waiting for these big upgrades while my business grew out of Clientexec and I needed features it didn't have is exactly why I moved to Modernbill, actually. It will someday be right on par with Modernbill but is not yet and doesn't move fast enough with changes, IMHO. I know testing is important, etc, but there are ways to move development along - they just aren't usually cheap :)

I use modernbill and dispite various bugs it has not been too much of a problem. Recently it gave me issues just when new clients were signing up and getting eNom intergration to work is proving to be a little problematic. However, with v5 on the horizon, it may just be any hosts best bet.

I use AutoHost from IDevSpot.com, but I'm looking into purchasing a new billing system, preferrably one that can accept payments from non-verified PayPal accounts. The one I'm currently using works on subscriptions :(

I love ClientExec. It does everything I need for billing as a reseller. I bill for everything using CE. They keep up with requests as users suggest them. Before I tried anything else, check out their Roadmap; you can see how they are in this for the long haul. It changed the way I do business. I NOW get PAID! It's a remarkable tool. Couldn't live without it.
Susan

I use WHMCS:

http://www.whmcs.com

I've got a yearly lease. I started using it on the first or second build and was a bit disapointed with bugs, lack of features, etc. I'm glad I didn't change! The latest version is great. The coder/owner is glad to listen to ideas and add them!

affordahost said:
I use WHMCS:

http://www.whmcs.com

I've got a yearly lease. I started using it on the first or second build and was a bit disapointed with bugs, lack of features, etc. I'm glad I didn't change! The latest version is great. The coder/owner is glad to listen to ideas and add them!

I just got it about 1 month ago, its awesome! Im never going to change, there seems to be no bugs, or problems, + if there is a problem, they are always online :)

They do seem to take anyones idea and put into the billing system. There are some things i have asked to put on, and they said they will within the next version :D

Actually considering going back to ClientExec from Modernbill. There isn't anything wrong with MB, but selling only shared hosting mostly to people I'm providing other services too is leading me back to ClientExec for the specific set of features it has and not really caring about those that it doesn't!