Biblical names?

Westpoint

What do you think about biblical names as domain names? I can't imagine registering a biblical name as a domain name except I plan to use it for a religious website.

There are a lot of biblical names that are very mainstream, so it probably depends on what you're trying to do.

This depends on your target audience. Of course, if it's a religious website, why not?

Yeah, of course it is fine to use a biblical name for a religious website, as I implied before. But that also is the drawback of biblical names, you can only use them for religious websites.

I can't really imagine "hostjesus.com" for example. For anything not religious, it's best to stick with something a bit more generic. When you use a site like "hostjesus", that could alienate potential buyers.

It will solely depend on your website content. Naming your domain with the theme keyword of your website will help you to get a good search market in search engines.

I just registered sodomandgamorrah.com :devil:

I got bad news for you, buddy - you better go quickly and register also SodomAndGomorrah.com , because this is the correct spelling :devil:

Edit: Ah, "surprisingly" someone beat you to it ;)

And a little more ontopic, I think RH-Calvin explained it best. There is absolutely no problem to register any name, however if its not relevant to your website and content, its practically useless, hence why such names are predominantly connected to religious sites :rolleyes2