bestreseller.com

Can't say I've ever even heard of them before but it seems good, and with a toll free number, hard to go wrong I think :)

When I get fluent in Esperanto (Douglas my teacher reckons 6 months with regular reading each day) I will see how high the demand is for a free Esperanto e-mail and hosting service. You see a lot of Esperantists have pen pals via e-mail and I thought I would start the first Esperanto e-mail service and because there are so few I can more for nothing to each person.

Just a project I will do for fun. Some guys at the Norvegio Esperanto Asocio (Norwegian Esperanto association) thought it was a good idea and worth looking into. You see a common thing with Esperantists is that they don't delete their e-mails. They like to keep them and because an Esperantist often has as much as 6 pen pals who all e-mail daily the inbox often grows and many people find themselves paying large sums of money for larger inboxes. I have also heard complaints from Esperantists about the fact that there's no e-mail service or hosting service specially for Esperantists. The uptime at bestreseller.com is only 99% but I think that would still be reasonable considering that this is going to be a free service. Then if people also want extra space so they can start to build an Esperanto web site they can get more for a small fee of say $2 a year.

The reason I do this so cheep is that I would like to encourage the use of Esperanto and hopefully more people will get more active if they are given a free e-mail with all the bells and whistles like POP3 and so on which not many free e-mail suppliers give because of the sheer amount of users. Because the amount of Esperantists is limited I will be able to.

If you bothered to read all that, does it sound like a good idea?

<!--QuoteBegin-gooooogle+Oct 19 2003, 12:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gooooogle @ Oct 19 2003, 12:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Thing is I need something reasonably cheep if I actually do this. [/b][/quote]
How any space, bandwidth you looking in to.

They are not a good company to go with...
Their support is very very bad and a lot of customers have complained about them.
I think they started out well but when downhill very quickly

I hear they are a bunch of students who only care about the money. I think hosts need to care about their users as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8