Are my prices too high?

NobleCloud

Please could someone tell me whether, in their opinion, I am charging too much. :confused:

Please take into account these things when you review:

1. Solid State Drives (SSDs)

*This is not posted as a means of self promotion.*

Any helpful advice would be great. Thanks. :confused:

Use SSD as your niche - tell your prospects why it makes a difference and what benefit they can expect hosting with you versus a provider that uses SATA drives. Actually, your site goes to billing.infinitewebspace and finding your pricing was difficult. You need to make it as easy as possible to get from 'point query' to 'point purchase.' And congrats on your first client. :D

Yes. Thanks for the advice.
Sorry about the site guys.
I am in the middle of setting up a new template.
I just downloaded a LEGALLY free WHMCS template from WHMCS THEMES.

I am planning on personalising this. The theme does come with a few HTML pages which I am going to customise and make into pages (hopefully!).

Anyway, the domain redirects to the WHMCS installation because it is a WHMCS theme. I will hopefully be going to make some pages and put them on the main domain, and then integrate WHMCS into that. Then I will remove the redirect. WHMCS is fully setup and working though so people can still order/use their client area with no probs.

But yes, the site is in the making.
I just thought the old template looked a bit cheesy.
My web designing skills are, shall we say, of the extremely amateur type, so I'm trying my best to see what I can make of this, better looking template. ;)

But yes, SSDs are certainly a bonus, and I intend to use that to my advantage. It's all part of providing a great service. As that is what I want...my customers to be happy. :)

I'm sure that worth to check some of your main competitors in this niche. That will help you to get understanding which price frame you can be working into. So far you will need to be over red line to be able doing your business.
Best luck.

I'm sure that worth to check some of your main competitors in this niche. That will help you to get understanding which price frame you can be working into. So far you will need to be over red line to be able doing your business.
Best luck.

+1. Better to check your competitors service.

What if your operating costs are not the same as your competitors?
How would using their prices benefit you?

I won't go into anything such as hardware and costs, I will define it below.

Do you want?

Budget,who want the world for a dime? Who send 20 tickets a week? Who post a total insane review when you have an issue for 10 minutes? Who need you to just about babysit them?

Or on the other hand.

People who know it pays to pay top dollar for a service? People who rarely bother you? People who know what they are doing (some do in budget mainly vps)?
And people who will be patient with you when issues come?

Now top is (1) bottom is (2)

1) Budget - Total life strainer, stress, crap profits.
or
2) Higher prices - More easier to maintain a good service, less stress, higher profits.

Pick one, it is your choice, and trust me, budget is beyond silly these days.

The simple fact is, there is an industry for budget and premium services, IMO, I would opt for the premium.
Budget is a very big hassle, even if you are the greatest budget boys on the net.

Yikes! Your website is down.

I agree with Paul0130, it's not really *worth* it to try to appeal to the low-budget market. It attracts a lot of the 'wrong' type of clients and can cause quite the headache for you and your staff to manage long-term.

It's much easier to support and keep happy a smaller amount of clients who pay more, than a larger group of clients who pay a lot less.

Best of luck!

It could be just a wild guess, but it might have something to do with this.

Aiyee. Maybe, but I would think shutting someone down over a bad review on a forum would just create more bad reviews. When it comes to "I hate this company" and people see that on a forum, they take that into account and consider it alongside the positive reviews they may have found. But if they see "I hate this company" AND "Because I said I hate them, they shut me down when my account was legally compliant" - that, I would think, would be incredibly damaging to business.

I don't personally feel they are to high. Don't always think clients are always looking for cheap providers, they are looking for providers who have a good reputation, as well are more than willing to help their clients in anyway possible.

It could be just a wild guess, but it might have something to do with this.
You are quite right. Thanks to Serverbing (a$$holes) Infinite Webspace was forced to close. My colleague who was paying 50% of the business decided to withdraw his 50% as he no longer wished to be a part of Infinite Webspace. What hurts the most is that Serverbing didnt even apologise, never mind refund me. And yes! I never got that refund.

As my colleague owned the domain and wouldn't allow me to use it...he wanted to shut down for good, I set up a new company called HOST DEVON LIMITED. I am with OVH this time.

Unfortunately for me, rebuilding that reputation is going to be hard. Serverbing have ruined a good 3 months of my life! I hope that one day they get so unpopular that they are forced to close. Their closure will be for the greater good. They're nothing but a bunch of online scammers. :smash:

See you in 3 months after the next name change and restart then.
I didn't want to have to change the name.
I had no choice as my colleague owned the domain.
And he wouldn't let me buy it off him.
This is all Serverbings fault. Well, my fault for choosing them. :smash:

Use a quality host like hostdime or othello or any of number of reputable host, and you should be fine.

People in the industry by now understand you pay for quality. You go cheap and get cheap results. I personally do not find your prices to be high. Competing with your competitors is OK, but remember your operating costs will not be the same as theirs so take that into account.

Just my 2 cents