Anyone know anything about directi.com

BlackStorm

Hey,
Im looking into getting a reseller account for domains from http://www.directi.com
Has anyone heard anything about them or even tried them yourself?
They look pretty good and have good prices and a good startup cost ($75)

I never really got into reselling domain names... not too much of a profit to be made doing so. DirectI sells domains at $6.95 per year... you could probably mark that up $1-5. So you would make 1-5$ per year on each sign up, requiring that your make at least $75 that you invested into it. So you would need to sell 15 - 75 accounts depending on your markup just to break even. That is just not worth it to me.

Not doing it to make a profit, its so my customers can get domains from me and I can buy domains for cheaper because sometimes people want a domain with an account.
You only pay $75 which is counted towards your domains, I dont think you pay $75 then still have to pay for the domains, that money is what you use in your account for pay for your domains in bulk which is where you get the discount

Ahh, thats not too shabby then. Kind of like a pre-paid cell phone :)

I was thinking of doing that where my users can purchase a domain with their hosting package.... but then I realized that I would much have control over that. So I just made a box where they could put the requested domain to purchase in, then I would order the domain under my account, that way I have all the control.

But as far as your original question goes "Does anyone know about Directi.com" my answer is no I dont. I have heard about Enom though.

John, I would suggest you to check Enom.com's PDQ option. It will cost you US $99/yr and you will get one site (which will cost you US $9.95) which should point to enom name servers.

Then you can set the selling prices for your clients and anyone can register domain automatically without depending on you. That way you don't need to spend any time regostering domains for your clients and they don't have to wait few hours after sending request for registration. Also enom will bill them directly and giving you the commision. Or if you wish you can choose to charge your own clients.

Have a look at domreg-m6.net

If you need more information... let me know

I am not sure about directi... never used them,

Looks like a variation on a theme. May take a look after the hols. At the moment all we offer is a domain name search facility. Not really enough in these days of tough competition. :)

Yeah John, did you check out enom.com? I think they are pretty good.. deffinalty would not hurt to check it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8