all change at Google again - End of the Google Pay P2P service

easyhostmedia

I just got this email in my gmail account. so Google close yet another service that people used.

Hello,
End of the Google Pay P2P service
We are announcing the end of Google Pay P2P, our peer-to-peer (P2P) payments service, in the United Kingdom. Starting from 6 September 2019, you'll no longer be able to send and request money through Google Pay's P2P service in Gmail or on pay.google.com.
What do you need to do?
If you have a net positive Google Pay balance in your account with us, you can transfer these funds to your bank account. Please sign in to your Google payments profile to transfer your balance into a bank account.
If you have a zero balance in your account, no further action is required on your part.
Your current Google Payments Terms of Service
You can read more about your redemption and refund rights, including the applicable time limits, in your current Google Payments Terms of Service.
Your new Google Payments Terms of Service
Starting on 6 September 2019, your Google Payments service will be offered by Google Ireland Limited ("GIL") instead of Google Payment Limited ("GPL"). This means that your relationship with GPL and the electronic money ("e-money") service they offer under the current Google Payments Terms of Service is ending. You will no longer have an e-money account with GPL to use for the P2P service (explained above in more detail) or for payments.
Instead, GIL will be offering you a new service under the new Google Payments Terms of Service, which will allow you to save and manage your payment credentials in one place in order to make purchases with Google and on Google marketplaces. Your new terms of service outline how your payment credentials will be stored and used.
For further information, please see the new Google Payments Terms of Service.
Nothing about your experience using Google services will change. GIL and GPL will work together to ensure that you have a smooth transition from GPL to GIL, including ensuring that information about your past transactions will continue to be available on the pay.google.com website.
To accept the new terms, simply continue to use our services. No further action is required on your part. However, if you do not want to accept the new terms, you can stop using the applicable services.
Thank you!
The Google Payments Team

It's been a few years now, and I honestly don't recall anyone mentioning it to me for several years to use their method of payment or sending funds. It's always been PayPal, Stripe or other.

Google Checkout -> Google Wallet -> Google Pay

They've had a good run, but it's probably time to focus efforts on something else.

It's been a few years now, and I honestly don't recall anyone mentioning it to me for several years to use their method of payment or sending funds. It's always been PayPal, Stripe or other.

Google Checkout -> Google Wallet -> Google Pay

They've had a good run, but it's probably time to focus efforts on something else.

i wonder how they will have users pay for their android (google play games/apps) as you need to have a Google Pay account to pay for these

That is a big problem with Google. They bring out these services and will drop them very quickly also. Of course it makes business sense for them to experiment and close a service that isn't viable but as a business owner I wouldn't like to rely on Google for anything as major as payments.

That is a big problem with Google. They bring out these services and will drop them very quickly also. Of course it makes business sense for them to experiment and close a service that isn't viable but as a business owner I wouldn't like to rely on Google for anything as major as payments.

Not just services like this
they even mess around with The Chrome Browser.

For a few years now if you have any software that uses Unity then you cant use Google Chrome. Also Google Chrome block Flash

Google has detailed plans to start blocking most Flash content with Chrome, with the change targeted toward the end of this year.

Under its current vision, nearly every website would have Flash content blocked by default. Visitors would still be able to enable Flash content on a site-by-site basis, but they would have to specifically choose to do so. Chrome would display a prompt offering to enable Flash; if chosen, Chrome would remember to run Flash on that site for all future visits.

but enabling flash does not always work, they just keep it blocked.