Advertising / Sponsorship advice...

Jdawgg

Hey everyone!

I am Josh "Jdawgg" Olan, an online news reporter who reports primarily on gaming news. Currently I operate www.RTCWFiles.com, www.CoD2HQ.com (am also the owner and founder of this one), and a few private websites.

The area I fall short is with advertising plans. As all of you know, hosting can get expensive. My gaming network (HQ Gaming Network) is using loads of bandwidth with just one operational network site (CoD2HQ). My current plans are 4 total network sites within my first year, and at the rate I am going it is going to cost me my mortgage and car payments!

So I obviously am interested in having other companies and websites advertise on my site and network.

------------

So I was wondering if I could get some advice as to what plans I should offer for advertising, what rates, methods (impressions, monthly...) etc.

For now we'll use www.CoD2HQ.com for an example, as it is my only operational network website. CoD2HQ has had, in its one month of existence, over 1600 unique visitors. Now in the grand scheme of things, that isn't that much. But these visitors have stuck around. With over 320,000 hits, this COMMUNITY website has grown in popularity at an outstanding rate.

Now this site is dedicated to a VERY popular first-person shooter computer game, Call of Duty 2. This game has not even been released, and only has 3 video clips showing off footage from the Electronic Entertainment Expo. The first game, Call of Duty, had a very large community-base of modders, mappers, and gamers. With an average of 10,000 players playing the game at any given time shows the popularity of the first game. The sequel aims to be just as popular.

After the game releases, I expect to receive over 5,000 Unique Visitors PER DAY. I get this data from the other popular gaming site I manage, RTCW Files. The two games were of equal popularity when RTCW was in its prime, and the traffic was far higher for RTCW Files, so my estimates for CoD2HQ are probably quite low.

Furthermore, CoD2HQ will have competition ladders - very popular mediums of competition for online gaming teams who want to compete for bragging rights and prizes. Our leagues and ladders will be structured very similarly to hugely popular sites such as www.teamwarfare.com. This will drastically increase daily traffic as entire teams of gamers visit the site to keep up on the competition status.

And lastly, CoD2HQ is a COMMUNITY. It is not just a news site. Our community forums have over 60 registered users in the first month alone; again, that is before the game (Call of Duty 2) is even released. Forums are pretty self-explanatory - they make for loads of impressions on a daily basis.

Given the current and expected traffic, website structure, and future outlook, what would you the professionals suggest I make in terms of advertising and sponsorship packages? Where should I offer advertisements, and what prices / methods of deliver should I sell?

Thank you for your time, and kindly,
-Josh