Advertising on HD

Moni-Q

Hi,

How many of you here have advertised on Hosting Discussion? What are the CTRs like? On an average how many signups per 100 click throughs did get?

(Yes, I know about branding vs instant return etc, just want to get some answers to the above questions :)).

I would have to say that Advertising is a mostly productive activity here at HD, because the people keep coming back dont they :)

In December, we had a CTR of 0.4 on 10k impressions.

That's not bad for $60, and for forum advertising.

Other campaigns on here have rendered 0.7 and 0.8's

Simon

Last edited:
Congratulations on your 100th post Simon. Its a nice achievement!
Good to have you with us! :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :dance:
~Equinox

The last 5 campaigns in the top banner location has the following CTRs: 0.7, 0.4, 0.9, 0.2, 0.3.

Artashes said:
The last 5 campaigns in the top banner location has the following CTRs: 0.7, 0.4, 0.9, 0.2, 0.3.

That's really good considering this is a forum and the purpose isn't in finding hosting/advertised items/etc.

Actually Taylor, many do use HD as a medium to find a good host for themeselves, which I see as a good idea because its a great place to get quotes from many quality hosts. And the hosts that are here find it valuable to advertise here. But you are correct, the sole purpose of HD is not as an advertising medium, but it is one function that is pretty popular.