Advertising on a Hosting Site...

spulis

Well this is just something I can not understand.

Why would any host put any type of advertising on their site?

For the life of me I just don?t get it how can someone even consider a host that has something like Google adds on their main page?

I mean is it me? I have been know to be a little critical of things but when I browse to a hosts site and see that I just can not imagine what they are thinking.

:rolleyes:

Scott,

What your saying is they are hosting ads on their own web-hosting site? Sounds as if it is on their main page? And Google? I am not sure I would do that. I mean, selling ad space is one thing, but displaying Google Ads is another.

Perhaps they are hosting through Google?

I am not speaking of any one site but just of many that I see.

And they are selling google adds right on the main pages.

I can see selling banner adds on a forum but not on a site that is selling webhosting.

I mean would you go into Blockbuster and see them advertising for Netflicks?

Yes I agree...that does seem to be abit pointless, it's not as if hosting sites get much traffic anyway....

Also, another thing I can't understand (for the life of me) why do hosting companies advertise on hosting forums? etc....The only people who visit these sites are hosting owners!

Talkfreelance said:
Also, another thing I can't understand (for the life of me) why do hosting companies advertise on hosting forums? etc....The only people who visit these sites are hosting owners!

Not sure if this a true statment. Some folks may be looking for a new host.

Are you a hosting owner?

Nope, I agree there is no way to actually tell if potential clients don't visit places like wht/twh etc. But I mean, honestly....if I was looking for a host I would just use google as would millions of inexperienced customers, rather than scroll through a forum looking for hosting.

These forums exist ideally for the hosting companies to discuss their ventures. I rarely see anyone on the many hosting boards out there who a) doesn't run a host or b) doesn't already have hosting.

The reason, although I doubt that the company ever takes its time to think of it, is that if they make money from ads, this allows them to reduce their price to the consumer.

ontime said:
Well this is just something I can not understand.

Why would any host put any type of advertising on their site?

For the life of me I just don?t get it how can someone even consider a host that has something like Google adds on their main page?

I mean is it me? I have been know to be a little critical of things but when I browse to a hosts site and see that I just can not imagine what they are thinking.

:rolleyes:

why they do it ? i have no idea ... this is something i will never do. this is a business why you want to promote another Competitor

That is why if I ever did this, I would be very careful as to where I put my ads.

After-sales area would be possible, as well as pages that don't really mention hosting.

Placing advertising on a hosting site is like riding around with stickers on your car. Can you say TACKY! There are many people that do it and some don't realize the type of business they are losing! Go for a professional sign not stickers! :)

TheReason said:
Placing advertising on a hosting site is like riding around with stickers on your car. Can you say TACKY! There are many people that do it and some don't realize the type of business they are losing! Go for a professional sign not stickers! :)

1 2nd that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zentekinfosoft