Adsense and competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLH*

Hello, I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this, but here goes:
I decided to utilize Google's Adsense program, but my problem is when I go to my own site (a hosting company) I see ads for competitors. Is there a way to change the content so related sites (such as web design sites, etc.) show but not competitors? This is probably a question for the folks at Google, but I thought I would give you guys a try first.

I think you are going to be stuck with the competitors hosting ads.

You really should reconsider using google ads on a hosting site.
People would have little confidence if they thought you needed outside income apart from your hosting services.

SonLight, I'm afraid Blue is right. If you run a business, then having advertising displayed on your web site is not a very serious decision. Not only it will affect those who visit - it will confuse your current clients as well.

If you still want to serve advertising on your site and control what gets to be displayed, there is no better way than to just quit AdSense program and simply sell space yourself to those clients you want. That way you don't have to worry about hosting competitors being advertised on top of your site at your marketing expense when you spend money to attract customers to your web site.

Best,

I think both of you are right! I am going to remove adsense. Thanks for the replies, Blue and Artashes, you have been more help than you know :)

Since this is an old thread and user removed adsense advertising long time ago, thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.