1&1 domain registered, different hosting company?

shmadam

Hi, so I just registered a .com domain name with 1&1 for $0.99 for a year. I'm wondering if any has had success with using a free webhost company with 1and1, and if not has anyone used another mainstream company as a host with them?(mainstream companies usually have the best price)
*I'm just making a personal website so value is important for me.

Hi, so I just registered a .com domain name with 1&1 for $0.99 for a year. I'm wondering if any has had success with using a free webhost company with 1and1, and if not has anyone used another mainstream company as a host with them?(mainstream companies usually have the best price)
*I'm just making a personal website so value is important for me.

If value is important then dont use a free host. check out the marketplace area for hosting offers

If value is important then dont use a free host. check out the marketplace area for hosting offers

What he meant by value is that he is looking for a great value deal, which in his case is either a free hosting provider or a low cost/budget plan.

Having said that, my recommendation is the same as yours - getting even the lowest priced shared hosting plan will [is supposed to anyway] dramatically improve the experience in comparison to a free hosting service.