An odd day with Bing

CanSpace

Was just looking through analytics for the last 90 days and one day in particular stood out.

GA4 normally registers X purchases per day from Bing on average. One single day in March brought in 10 times the daily average. Just one day. The day before, the day after — it's back to the average amount.

I obviously know who the orders came from, but I cannot link any significant order to any "new client" who may have found us through Bing that day...

Any ideas how we can understand what was so special that day with Bing?

What was the date? Have you checked the search console at Bing to see if you had any crazy increases in position for that date?

Knowing the date you can then search regarding anything special that happened in Bing - like the announcement of AI, testing of AI Results etc. Those would be primary guesses. Something new happened, it drove traffic to bing, and the positions of your searches were placed higher for that day for some reason.

It could be a one-time promotion or campaign that drove more traffic and conversions from Bing on that specific day. You can look into your marketing efforts or website changes on that day for any clues.

What was the date? Have you checked the search console at Bing to see if you had any crazy increases in position for that date?

Knowing the date you can then search regarding anything special that happened in Bing - like the announcement of AI, testing of AI Results etc. Those would be primary guesses. Something new happened, it drove traffic to bing, and the positions of your searches were placed higher for that day for some reason.
March 8 was the date. Thank you! Forgot BWT existed. Heading to check things out.

Here is what I am thinking happened. There was one client who actually placed a larger number of separate orders for domains. But, he has been around a few years, so it's not that he suddenly discovered us on Bing that day. Is it possible that if he uses Bing to type in his search queries for everything (in this case the name of our company) and then just visits our site through search results, that would register as a lead if he were to place these orders on that day?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamHostBrett