Your clients

GordyMac

Where do you get your clients from? Do these hosting forums help any?

I get most of mine from word of mouth and friends.. I met a great guy who has gotten me about 5 sales, which has been an excellent help.

Word of mouth.
I think thats always the biggest.
If you have a good reputation on forums (dont mean post counts, an actual reputation as a member and host) then forums could be a great help.

Even though I dont think its the best thing to do, a lot of people would choose a host if they got an offer on a forum and the host had a large number of posts...Even though that says nothing at all about the company or if that member is just spamming...
Ah well, nothing you can do ;)

If you know someone who has a network of sites they can end up sending a lot of people your way that will signup

Word of mouth.
Flyer
I do alot advertise on the Internet
I mail alot flyer to my customer & tell them if they refer me client I give them a fee month.

Now am think to do radio & TV

For us, its all old fashioned sales.

Propensity to buy lists, solution selling then referrals.

Im not sure about these forums. It started as an experiment for us (WHT, HHO and now HT)..... but - I ended up finding real value in them for our business - nice to have a resource of professionals who are willing to share their experiences. We havent received many customers from the forums, but we have received a few. Most importantly, we have learned alot and met some great people :)