Will there be a uk paypal debit card

BlackStorm

Hey
I have been waiting for paypal to bring out a debit card for UK customers ever since they brought it out in the states.
I thought it would be available here soon but still no word of it.
I contacted paypal a few months ago to ask if there would be one, but they just said it is only out for america, no reference to if there would be one in the future.
I think I would use it a lot if available.
At the minute I transfer funds from my paypal account to my bank account and vice-versa when paying online.
I don't trust paypal enough to keep my money there after the many stories I have heard.
I also want access to my money whenever I want to use it.
No reason for them to be making interest by having my money either ;)

I don't believe they'll release a U.K. debit card anytime soon. It's not that easy to, and takes a lot of paper work and time to do so.

However, iKobo can send you an iKard (Visa debit card) if you use iKobo, and if you're a 2CO customer and deal with large amounts of money, they can send you a card.

It'd be nice to have a PayPal debit card for the U.K. and even Europe, however I doubt they'll bring one in anytime soon.

I would give more business to my paypal account if I did have a card.
I do use 2CheckOut but I didn't know they had a card available, will have to read up about that.
Do you know what the threshold is for the 2CO card?

Never used iKobo and it doesn't seem very popular, only started using paypal because a lot of people want to use that instead of CC through another processor.

I think PayPal is an American Pride company and they don't want to give the Debit card for the other countries ppl... I also realize that is a big problem to support so many countries like PayPal does... so it might be tough

I cant even get one in Canada.. not Canada in general, just my account they didn't offer me one and I called and they said when I am eligable there will be a link in my account.

Maybe you need to do a certain amount of transfers or have a certain average i nyour paypal account.
I think if they had an ATM card for everywhere, it would make them more money.
People take money out of their paypal account into their bank account so they can take it from their bank when they need it.

If they had a paypal ATM card, they would be less likely to take it out, meaning more profit on interest for paypal.

Right now, everytime my paypal reaches a certain level, or over it, then I move most of my money from the account to my bank.
It is free to do it for over £50 anyway, I wait until I have more to transfer each time though, £50 isn't really much to do each time but I would rather keep my money in the bank than paypal account.
They make enough money from me in the transaction fees ;)