Wht

No doubt about it WHT is one of the more experienced hosting forums on the internet and I would certainly give them credit for that. It's nice to hear good compliments about them on this thread.

We host only our business clients, do no public hosting and have no desire to do so, so to us WHT is just another forum and we don't participate on it. We also have 100's of clients hosted with other host and not us and with the business policy we have in place to protect our clients we form our own opinion of a host. We'll not use any EIG host.

There are 1000's of host out there that couldn't give a ripping hoot about WHT and don't participate on their forum either. The ones I know tell me they don't have time to fool with WHT and it's ranters and if they've been hurt by a ranter on WHT it was so minute they didn't notice it.

One of our developers reads WHT sometimes and says there is no way she would post on their forum. She told me tonight one of our go to host has a ranter on what looks like an ego trip with all the replies he's getting. She laughed and said WHT has a lot of soap operas on it and this dude has gotten his started now.

When she told me the host he had his rant riding high on I pulled up our history with them. We started hosting clients with them in 2008 and have 85 clients with them. Since 2008 we have an average of 9 support tickets a year with them. All answered promptly and problem resolved in a short period of time. She also thinks WHT should stop a rant before it becomes a soap opera and I agree with her. I'm not the owner of WHT so our opinion means absolutely nothing to them. This host also offers unlimited hosting and we all know there is no such thing as unlimited. As long as our clients with them are happy and the host is causing them no problems then we'll certainly not move them because of their unlimited hosting. If it happens then we'll move the client or clients to another host if we can't get their problem resolved. One thing we don't like to do is to move a client or clients.

My opinion, and this is my opinion and after the issue my husband had with them, I agree they do have favorites and they should stop the soap operas so common on there. I'm not bashing WHT and here again this is my opinion they do need to do some of their own backyard cleaning. I also base this on what other developers and host friends in the industry tell me. Here again though it's "their forum" and they can well so as they please with it.

My offices wishes all you Americans out here on this forum a happy July the 4th holiday. May all of you have a blessed, fun filled and safe holiday.

What you are describing is actually somewhat of a good thing about WHT. Because many people know it as the go-to forum for hosting, it is absolutely natural that they will have a much higher amount of reviews/rants/host bashing/arguments. See, we have a saying in Bulgaria which should translate roughly smth like "arguing is how the truth is born". This is exactly what I find refreshing there - the forum is so full of people (both clients and providers) that whenever there is a positive/negative review the majority can easily spot if its a genuine or fake one. What might sometimes look like "host bashing" is just people that have seen so many negative reviews for certain hosts, that they do remember them and use them as a bad example.

There is one thing you said which should be pinpointed - "As long as our clients with them are happy and the host is causing them no problems then we'll certainly not move them because of their unlimited hosting.". This is exactly what any professional will advice you when you are seeking for a host. There is no universal formula and there isn't a single host which only has fans and not any haters. So if its not broken why fix it? Reviews and opinions are there just for people to have in mind, not to persuade/dissuade them from choosing any provider :rolleyes2

Are you from Bulgaria? We've got a 26 year old "mail order bride" from Bulgaria working in our office now. She's been here a year and very smart.
I was suppose to be a mail order bride but I'm 5'10" tall and Russia didn't have an envelope long enough to mail me to the US in so.. my husband had to come get me, and my daughters since we were a package deal :thumbsup:

Her favorite music group are the Country Sisters from the Czech Republic. Since where we live is Bluegrass music country she landed on her feet here with a grin on her face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk4Ug7Fci1s

Last edited:
Are you from Bulgaria? We've got a 26 year old "mail order bride" from Bulgaria working in our office now. She's been here a year and very smart.
I was suppose to be a mail order bride but I'm 5'10" tall and Russia didn't have an envelope long enough to mail me to the US in so.. my husband had to come get me, and my daughters since we were a package deal :thumbsup:

Her favorite music group are the Country Sisters from the Czech Republic. Since where we live is Bluegrass music country she landed on her feet here with a grin on her face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk4Ug7Fci1s

Hehe, indeed I am from Bulgaria and proud of it :) I am sure that she will prove to be a great worker and seeing that we around the same age, if she is as pretty as she is smart, I will send her an address where she can get her "mail order husband" :D

You should be proud to be from Bulgaria and tell anyone that.

Ivana is a beautiful and very intelligent young lady married to her college sweetheart she met while attending the University of Georgia about a 1.5 hour drive from here.

The reason I called her a mail order bride is after she graduated she returned to Bulgaria for awhile to work with her dad in the banking business. After some long distance dating, and I can certainly relate to that and how difficult it is, they decided to get married. He had to do the K1 Fiance visa to bring her to America and trust me I know about that frustrating process too. It took them 8 months to get their K1 approved. The same visa took my husband and me 12 months because I had two very young daughters and he wanted to adopt them when we got here.

They had a traditional Bulgarian wedding here with all of us and her family also came over for it. She now has a masters degree in computer sciences

We feel extremely blessed to have her on our team and love her as our own family member. Her husband is a high school math teacher. She laughs and said she never had a thought in her life she would be married living in America and working in a restored barn on a horse farm wearing shorts in an office and not having to wear any shoes unless she wanted to,:thumbsup:

My husband and I are planning a vacation to Bulgaria and working on going next Spring if we can take our daughters out of school for a couple of weeks, if not then it will be in the summer months. We think it's a country we need to visit after having Ivana here with us and listening to her and seeing her videos from there and having met her wonderful family. She can be a little hardheaded sometimes but we just laugh at her and see her shake her fist at us. :uhh:

Last edited:
A great story indeed and glad everything worked out for them (for you and your husband too). You should definitely find a way to visit and if so - make sure to spend at least 2-3 days in my hometown - Plovdiv. Its the second biggest city here and its actually the 6th oldest city in the world (yes, world). Last year we won a prestigious award and we will be the European Culture Capital in 2019 so preparations and even more tourist attractions are going to be introduced. Sure you will not regret it ;)

Sorry for the long offtopic we had here, I can rarely contain myself when it comes to my home :) If anyone wants to get this back on track with WHT discussions - the mic is all yours :)

I think it does good sometimes to get off topic if no one is getting blasted and I don't hang around for anything like that. The moderators could also move it to General Discussion if it was an ok off topic discussion.

I think it does a community good for interaction between it's members especially when we're from all points of the world. I've always been interested in different countries and cultures. My husband and I have had only one serious misunderstanding and that turned out to be a culture thingy from both of us.

We're definitely going to Bulgaria next year and your city is on our list to spend a couple of days in. We'll be staying a few days with Ivana's parents when we first get to Bulgaria. My husband is an amateur radio operator and has talked to two other radio guys in Bulgaria for at least 20 years he tells me. They've invited us to visit and spend some time with them so that will be done also. My husband owns an architectural engineering firm so I can tell you now, we'll be looking at your beautiful buildings more than anything else probably. He used to drive the girls and me boinkers looking at buildings in Moscow when we went there before going to my city.

We sponsored a high school exchange student from Kiev this past school year and her family has invited us to visit them in Kiev so we're going to do that one also on this trip. One of my friends and classmates from our city of Staryj Oskol has lived in Kiev since we graduated med school together in Russia. We've not seen each other in 15 years so we'll be staying with her in Kiev when we get there. We talk in Skype a couple times a week. Kiev will be our last stop and then we'll fly back home from there.

Last edited:
Sounds like you do a lot of travelling anyways and experiencing different cultures is what its all about. Architecture-wise I am sure you will love Plovdiv. The Old Town is still mostly preserved and it will take you on a history trip, from Ancient Rome and Greece till present day. Lot of sights to see, this is why I recommended at least 2-3 days here to taste enough of it :)

Ukraine is also great, my dad used to work in construction in Kiyv and Lvov when I was little and he has fond memories of his time there. Though they were different times, Russia was still USSR and Communism ruled those republics with an iron fist. Not sure if it would be a good destination right now though, their conflict with Russia drove a lot of people away and situation still seems somewhat unstable there. Hope you don't have any problems and your visit is a breeze ;)